Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Two sets of Nice-Racks

RiverRunner

We needed more room for boards on the boat and had talked about buying a second set of nice-racks. So when lroadrunner4me posted a set for sale on the board that matched ours, we grabbed them. We usually carry (2) wakeboards and have (4) surf boards that we like to carry but, usually chose the two we think that we are going to want to ride and carry them. Now we have room for all (6) items and two slots for friends boards and don’t worry if the friends don’t have boards we have plenty of other toys to fill the slots. The first set of racks had the new style forks and I updated the second set with the same. The new fork design is great by the looks of it no more board clap. If you look in the pictures you will see the board slots are not parallel to each other, the top slot is rotated around 10 degrees higher than the bottom slot. I will report back after I have had a chance to try/test everything out over the weekend.

From the side, notice how the rear forks on the top rack line up with the front fork on the lower rack.

Edited by RiverRunner

The side profile, notice the angle of the board slots.

Edited by RiverRunner
Looks really nice Ken. How hard is it to load/unload boards from in the boat?

The top rack is a little tougher to get the bungee in, there is no difference with the bottom one.

Looks good. I'll have to inspect that up close and personal in a couple of weeks Biggrin.gif

We will have it loaded up for the WOW all you have to do is pick a board and step off the back of the boat... Surprised.gif

Looks good, Ken. Do the bindings line up ok if you wanted four wakeboards on one side?

It doesn't look like you would be able to do that. It looks like the max that could carry is 4 wakeboards and 4 boards without bindings. But that should be plenty.

You are correct, you still can't more than total of 4 boards w/ bindings in the 4 racks of the tower with the Illusion. (w/o turning the forks of the bottum rack upside down)

I talked to Horatio at Nice-Racks. He said he had an idea for a 'spacer' that might remedy that situation, but he wouldn't be able to work on it until after summer rush.

So for now, I'm heading for the same situation as RiverRunner. 4 racks -- boards with bindings top and bottom on each side, surfboards/skates in the inside postions on each side. Right now our expected capicity is 3-4 boards with bindings, 1-2 surfboards, and 1 wakeskate. Crazy.gif So we should be OK.

I still I wish they would have spaced the mounting holes. :Doh: It's workable, but just not as 'clean' as I would have expected.

Edited by TOAST

I installed the nice-racks on Friday so we could load them up at the lake on Saturday we had (2) wakeboards, (4) surfboards, (1) wake skate, (1) Trickboardz. Everything fit great and we are very happy with the out come.

Looks good, Ken. Do the bindings line up ok if you wanted four wakeboards on one side?

It doesn't look like you would be able to do that. It looks like the max that could carry is 4 wakeboards and 4 boards without bindings. But that should be plenty.

I believe that if you were to put a wakeboard in the top and bottom slot on the bottom rack and one wakeboard on the top slop of the top rack you could put (3) wakeboards on each side of the tower but, you would give up one slot on each side

I believe that if you were to put a wakeboard in the top and bottom slot on the bottom rack and one wakeboard on the top slop of the top rack you could put (3) wakeboards on each side of the tower but, you would give up one slot on each side

I love the pictures, and if I had the money I would buy a second set for mine also. I really only carry two wakeboards at most times and usually have four wakesurfers. They look awsome and if you know somebody selling a set let me know. I just got mine last week and installed them this past weekend. I put my single set on the top mounts. I tried to put one of the racks on the lower mounts but the small guide holes on either side of the main hole for the bolt did not match up to the racks, so I would have to do some minor adjustments with my drill to get them to fit but I would love to eventually have two sets the same as yours.

Ken and others who have these racks -- how permanent/easy are they to remove.

We live in a gated townhome community with several boats parked in the back of the complex, including ours. I really want to get some racks as the middle of the boat has become loaded with boards and the hassle of stepping over them etc.

My concern with the Nice Racks is that someone can come along with an allen wrench and take them.

I've thought about the Skylon racks as well, as they seem to be easily removable, but a review on wakeside said that the bolt is too short and stripped rather easily after one summer's use.

Anybody have the Skylon racks? Comments?

Ken and others who have these racks -- how permanent/easy are they to remove.

We live in a gated townhome community with several boats parked in the back of the complex, including ours. I really want to get some racks as the middle of the boat has become loaded with boards and the hassle of stepping over them etc.

My concern with the Nice Racks is that someone can come along with an allen wrench and take them.

I've thought about the Skylon racks as well, as they seem to be easily removable, but a review on wakeside said that the bolt is too short and stripped rather easily after one summer's use.

Anybody have the Skylon racks? Comments?

One socket head cap screw for each rack. Keep in mind that you can buy a anti-theft type bolt that has a special wrench. If they do not have the wrench it would be very hard to take them.

Looks Nice Ken.....so I take it you found some bolts? Sorry about that! If you are ever out this way the first round is on me! Cheers.gif

Keep in mind that you can buy a anti-theft type bolt that has a special wrench. If they do not have the wrench it would be very hard to take them.

Thanks Ken!

Is the anti-theft bolt & wrench something you get from nice racks themselves or home depot/ hardware store?

Keep in mind that you can buy a anti-theft type bolt that has a special wrench. If they do not have the wrench it would be very hard to take them.

Thanks Ken!

Is the anti-theft bolt & wrench something you get from nice racks themselves or home depot/ hardware store?

I am using regular socket head cap screws from nice-racks, someone was talking about them in a post sometime back might do a search.