Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Pumps??

pennery

I am looking to add a integrated ballast system to the boat. I would like to, for sure put one up front (closed Bow) so I don't have to crawl under any more to fill it up. I was wondering which pumps are the best value and where the cheapest place to get them. I am not looking for the fastest neccessarily. We don't have much around here as far as dealers go so I expect to have to get it from the US. Also I would like to get a factory looking switch or two and I was wondering the cheapest place to get those as well.

Thanks

The Tsunami is a good one, the 1220 is the one that you want:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...t=SearchResults

If you go with the Fly High Pro X sacks, they've got fittings that will adapt to that pump, so it's a slam dunk. The switches are available from your dealer, or if that isn't an option then I'm sure that one of our dealers that is on the site can help you out there (Madman, Smoothwaterman, JeffK, Edgeski)

Remember, you'll need the fittings because that pump has an oddball size at 1 1/8". The Fly High adapter will be what you want.

So do most of the rest have a standard size and thread? I ask because I just finished pulling the hard tanks out of my vRide to replace with sacs. Reconnecting is pretty straight forward except connecting the drain pumps. Does a standard female threaded x 3/4" barbed fit on the end of the pump? Also, does anyone use the flo-rite quick connect fittings on their ProX sacs? Do they seal pretty well without leaks?

I think that most pumps up to 800 gph use the 3/4" size, but from that point up it gets pretty dicey (the pumps that I used have a 1.5" barbed fitting on both the inlet & outlet). Generally the threads on the pumps will match up with most hardware fittings. The nice thing about the Tsunami is that there are a lot of adapters that Pro X makes that allows you some flexibility (although RiverRunner did find a couple of notable ones that are needed but not made). The problem is that bags like the Pro X series uses a slightly different thread pattern than the fittings that are found in hardware stores (I can't speak for other bags though). RiverRunner had good luck with finding some fittings that would work with the Pro X sacks, but I did not. So I ended up buying some of the Flo Rite quick connects that srud asks about. They're solid & don't leak at all.

Thanks Wakegirl! I am working on connecting the drain pumps to the new sacs and the stock pumps have a threaded intake. I'm trying to figure what fitting to use there. My plan is to use the flo-rite quick connect fittings so the sacs can be easily removed. So for the drain pumps it looks like I need a barbed fitting to attach to the pump. Then a short length of hose to attach to the female flo-rite fitting. The corresponding male flo-rite fitting I'll attach directly to the bag. I can't believe how much room is back there without the hard tanks. I think I can get a few wakeboards back there now.

btw. Pennery - sorry for hijacking your thread. Done now!

The Tsunami is a good one, the 1220 is the one that you want:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...t=SearchResults

If you go with the Fly High Pro X sacks, they've got fittings that will adapt to that pump, so it's a slam dunk. The switches are available from your dealer, or if that isn't an option then I'm sure that one of our dealers that is on the site can help you out there (Madman, Smoothwaterman, JeffK, Edgeski)

I'm trying to build a manual system like the one referenced in RiverRunner's recent thread on this topic. I haven't bought my pump yet and its hard to tell from the pictures of the pump from bass pro shops how you connect to the pump to fittings. Is it safe for me to assume that I can simply buy that approx. $35 pump and a W734 fly high quick connector?

I have not yet figured out how to connect the female quick connect (W730) to my 1" ID hose. I've tried one application from HD and that leaked too much. I'm going to head to a local hardware store that has a lot of everything to see if I can find something that will work. Has this problem been solved by anyone else.