Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HH Break in

FreshTracks

I will be picking up my new 247 next week with the HH in it. I am sure the dealer will go over the break in period, I just want some feed back from those who have it and the knowledge. I remember reading on here somewhere that the HH doesn't have a "break in period, this true? My questions are when can I do the following?:

Wakeboarding:

Surfing:

Wide Open:

Thanks.

I've heard the same thing. The HH comes ready to go. Im not sure of the validity of this but your correct the dealer should pass on the correct info.

Wakeboarding:

Surfing:

Wide Open:

I can confirm, no break in required on the 383 Hammerhead. :) You can do all of the above with ballast or without from the time of delivery.

Edited by WakeGirl

I just took delivery yesterday and my dealer said the rings had to set....or something. I have the 383 Hammerhead. Anyway 10 hours varying rpm's every 3-4 minuets. I have not read through the manual yet, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Did someone see it in writing from Malibu or is this word of mouth?

Where are taking that bad boy for its maiden voyage?

I'll be at Buena Vista next weekend Fri-Sun. Then at Mead or Havasu all summer.

I was told that it was part of a service bulletin when I took delivery last fall. Could be that it slipped through the cracks for some dealers.

"Service Bulletin", eh? I think Joe just couldn't wait! Tongue.gif

when i took delivery of my hh the dealer said to give it heaps as the hh has chrome molly rings and they won't bed in properly if you baby it, so i ran it right through its rev range from day one and she doesn't miss a beat,doesn't use oil and is just a great motor

Wakeboarding:

Surfing:

Wide Open:

I can confirm, no break in required on the 383 Hammerhead. :) You can do all of the above with ballast or without from the time of delivery.

WOT in Bursts. You shouldn't do any sustained WOT until you have a few hours on it, like over 10. Otherwise G2G.

Made sense to me too Stewart and my Hammy is going fine with 118 hours on it this season. Uses no oil, idles like an old hotrod - nice!

Made sense to me too Stewart and my Hammy is going fine with 118 hours on it this season. Uses no oil, idles like an old hotrod - nice!

So did mine!

Wakeboarding:

Surfing:

Wide Open:

WOT in Bursts. You shouldn't do any sustained WOT until you have a few hours on it, like over 10. Otherwise G2G.

That's what we did. We're at 40 hours since picking her up at the end of September & it runs like a top.

Makes sense to "Hammer" it... I guess it lives up to it's name. Like I heard on a prevoius post... Drive it like you stole it...

That sounds like crap to me. The boat doesn't know if you're behind it. Loaded up and ballasted is a different story.