Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Drysuit storage

WakeGirl

Just as the title says folks. I'm about to put the drysuits up for the year & I have the spray for the seals, but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should do before storing it. Mine has a metal zipper, slider's has a plastic zipper if that makes a difference.

I just lubricate my seals...never messed w/ the zipper. I seal mine up in a trash bag.

Edit: Use liquid silicone on the seals.

Edited by Tom Sawyer

Yes...the air dries out the seals making them prone to cracking etc. It should be sealed in a bag or tupperware type of container. Also, make sure there are no creases in the seals.

Yes...the air dries out the seals making them prone to cracking etc. It should be sealed in a bag or tupperware type of container. Also, make sure there are no creases in the seals.

Thanks!

What he said.

You guys are lucky to be puting the dry suits away already we're just pulling them out to start the season.

I put the liquid silacone on inside and outside of the seals and put TIZIP, a titanium grease, on the zipper. Hang it on a suit hanger and store it hanging up in a plastic suit bag. A dry cleaners bag is fine too just tie off the bottom. The key is to make sure the zipper is not creased.