Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Son's antics

Peacock

Got to ride behind my boat this last weekend, what a blast. Water temp was about 56, air about 60. My son (just turned 8 last week) threw on his wet suit and had a great ride. While we were sitting in the boat just chillin, all of a sudden I hear splash! quack! quack! (Imagine my surprise). So my son crawls back into the boat and proclaims "You win this time, duck!"

So what happened, my son was trying to lure this mallard ever closer to the boat using cooler ranch doritos as bait. The duck was cooperating and developing quite a taste for doritos. When my son figured the duck was close enough, he jumped in, intending to capture the mallard. The duck made an easy getaway, and my wet, cold son crawled back into the boat and cursed the duck. This all happened without me knowing ( I don't condone feeding the wildlife snack foods ), and I was shocked he jumped in after the duck.

But his comment towards the duck had me laughing so hard I couldn't stand it. My son is standing there, dripping, wondering why Dad was laughing so hard. It was a priceless moment.

ROFL.gif Kids, they are priceless. ROFL.gif

From birth our second has had a fairly large (not to mention hard) kranium. He would sometimes have trouble controlling that heavy melon of his and end up smacking someone with it. I would tell him "easy, that thing's hard, it must be full of rocks". He'd stop, think about it for a second and reply.... Dontknow.gif "Me having no yocks". Very cute.

I know, I know,....that's not boat related. But I'm in a hotel and I miss my boys (oh, and my wife too Biggrin.gif ).

ROFL.gif Kids, they are priceless. ROFL.gif

From birth our second has had a fairly large (not to mention hard) kranium.  He would sometimes have trouble controlling that heavy melon of his and end up smacking someone with it.  I would tell him "easy, that thing's hard, it must be full of rocks".  He'd stop, think about it for a second and reply.... Dontknow.gif "Me having no yocks".  Very cute.

I know, I know,....that's not boat related.  But I'm in a hotel and I miss my boys (oh, and my wife too Biggrin.gif ).

My old man had my head nicknamed "the Weapon!"

Too funny!

About the same thing happened with my youngest last year trying to catch fish with Gold Fish crackers. First she would have her face just in the water while sitting of the swim deck and just scream when the fish would come up from under the boat.

lol...

They do amuse us at times, eh? Cherish it while you can. In a couple of years he may be saying, "You win this time, Ford", with a completely different response from Dad.

Let's get back to the original problem: The stinkin' duck. I say, bring on the shot gun when practicaltiy calls for it. There are too many ducks and geese around. Let's feed the homeless, eh??

And then, ho about htose stupid deer? Homels can feast on venison as well as goose.

Whadday think?