Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AAA like coverage for trailering

HPetit

AAA does offer it, it is trough their premier membership. I believe you have to have been with them a year to get that membership. The trailering portion is not the same as a car though. It's reimbursement of up to $500 I believe. So while your car may be covered for 100 miles, your trailer is covered at the rate the company charges (who they contract through) up to the first $500. Still no horrible, from what I've seen with most is the $500 will get you about 100 miles. But check with AAA for all the details as some may have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your insurance should have this type of coverage...

Some do, some don't. I've never had insurance of any kind that offered it.

AAA does offer it, it is trough their premier membership. I believe you have to have been with them a year to get that membership. The trailering portion is not the same as a car though. It's reimbursement of up to $500 I believe. So while your car may be covered for 100 miles, your trailer is covered at the rate the company charges (who they contract through) up to the first $500. Still no horrible, from what I've seen with most is the $500 will get you about 100 miles. But check with AAA for all the details as some may have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Good Sam as well as AAA.

The state farm policy I carry on my boat covers up to $500 for towing to the closest service location. (Either tow by water or towing the trailer)

Emergency Service. We will pay up to $500 for the

reasonable cost you incur resulting from the following

emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer

a. mechanical labor up to one hour at the place of its breakdown

b. towing to the nearest place where necessary repairs can be made during regular business hours

Edited by oldjeep

I've got AAA Plus RV for $84. Good piece of mind, but doesn't cover boat trailers. Even the Premier RV option doesn't cover boat trailers.

AAA Premium memberships includes boats!!! I just had to use my when the torque converter went in my truck. I had no problem at all. It was just like a normal AAA tow.

From AAA

Optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change Service for $37 per member household per membership year
Roadside Assistance for Your RV and Motorcycle, Too

Enjoy more peace of mind while vacationing in your recreational vehicle, towing your boat or ATV trailer, or while riding your motorcycle1 with our optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change service. It entitles you to up to four RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service calls per household each membership year. It also covers your boat trailer, fifth-wheel trailer, or utility trailer carrying recreational equipment, whether you own, borrow, or rent it. The towing benefit is up to 100 driving miles.

Edited by riggowrestler

From AAA

Optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change Service for $37 per member household per membership year
Roadside Assistance for Your RV and Motorcycle, Too

Enjoy more peace of mind while vacationing in your recreational vehicle, towing your boat or ATV trailer, or while riding your motorcycle1 with our optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change service. It entitles you to up to four RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service calls per household each membership year. It also covers your boat trailer, fifth-wheel trailer, or utility trailer carrying recreational equipment, whether you own, borrow, or rent it. The towing benefit is up to 100 driving miles.

What they do not tell you is the boat is out of pocket and reimbursement. Of course I believe that varies state to state. I had a buddy in Parker that had the boat towed and had to pay upfront (that was in AZ) I had to use it once here in CA about 50 miles and it was covered) good piece of mind to had regardless.

I believe (and could be wrong) where people are saying your boat insurance covers towing, it is on the water towing, not roadside.