Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat cover for the 23 LSV...

RiverRunner

Been trying to decide on what cover to buy since we got the new boat at the beginning of the year. We trailer at least an hour each way to and from the lake/river almost every weekend. Decided that we wanted a cover without side straps and for it to be made of Sunbrella material. I talked to everyone that I know with a cover and asked what the positives and negitives were. We dicided that we really liked the form and function of the Rankin type cover but, did not like the price and decided to seek an alternitive to it. So a little while back I was talking to Cory from CoverCrafts.com in the chat room about different issues that we and others had expierenced with our boat covers. At the time Cory was working on a cover pattern for the 23 LSV and offered to send me pictures when he was done. After we saw the pictures we placed an order with Cory for a new cover with the assurance that customer service was number one. Well the cover came in yesterday, needless to say the CFO and I were excited and went straight to the boat barn to try the cover on the boat. We took our time following the instructions that were included with the cover, which made the cover a breeze to put on. Once we had adjusted the cover and tightened all the straps it fit like a drum skin, the form, fit and function of this cover is fantastic. Below are a few pictures of the cover on the boat, I will post more after I have had time to tow and play with it over the weekend.

Looks really nice RiverRunner. How easy is the cover to get on by yourself?

Rob

Have not tried it by myself but, should not be any harder than any other cover. It was very easy to put on, rolled it on from the bow to the stern and made a few adjustments, then pulled the staps tight.

Looks great Ken! So does it have the soft hooks that grab the rubrail?

Yes, they are made of flat bar making them wider and more stable.

That looks like an excellent cover.

A few questions for Ken/Cory:

Looking at his web site he says only 2005 boats and above. But since the top of the '04 23 LSV is the same as the '05 I'm assuming it's the same pattern. Thus your cover...

I've got a few rub marks on my gelcoat from black straps flapping for extended periods and leaving marks. Are you concerned about the straps across the transom? It appears that the corner straps come close to the gelcoat and would probably touch when the wind hits the cover. Thoughts?

All 3 of my Rankin covers have been identical to that rear section with the straps & I've never had a problem with it leaving rub marks on the gel. Those straps & the entire cover is tight enough (I assume that Ken's is as well) that it shouldn't be an issue.

Looking at his web site he says only 2005 boats and above. But since the top of the '04 23 LSV is the same as the '05 I'm assuming it's the same pattern. Thus your cover...

I've got a few rub marks on my gelcoat from black straps flapping for extended periods and leaving marks. Are you concerned about the straps across the transom? It appears that the corner straps come close to the gelcoat and would probably touch when the wind hits the cover. Thoughts?

Your right about the 23 lsv. I am working on something to address the back straps and a couple other things. These will become options after they have been tested.

Sweet, so does it have padding up around the windshield & other areas that are prone to rubbing?

The under side of the cover does have padding at all the areas that are prone to rubbing, I will try to get a picture or two over the weekend.

Looks nice, and very similar to a Rankin.

Agree, looks like a perfect fit and as near as I can tell a clone of the Rankin.

All 3 of my Rankin covers have been identical to that rear section with the straps & I've never had a problem with it leaving rub marks on the gel. Those straps & the entire cover is tight enough (I assume that Ken's is as well) that it shouldn't be an issue.

The straps in the back do not look like they will be an issue, I am going to tow with it for the first time this weekend and will report back. Also like Cory said he is working on something that him and I talked about the address the issue.

Edited by RiverRunner

I just tie the loose strap ends in a knot around the tight straps to shorten them up. Sometimes it helps for the straps to be that long to help you put the cover on.

Sweet, so does it have padding up around the windshield & other areas that are prone to rubbing?

The under side of the cover does have padding at all the areas that are prone to rubbing, I will try to get a picture or two over the weekend.

Can you get pics of the updated hooks too?

Can you get pics of the updated hooks too?

Not a problem, I will take pictures of the hooks and mounting points over the weekend also.

Edited by RiverRunner
Too bad he didn't have the 247 pattern yet ...........

Cory is finishing up his 247 pattern and is now able to take orders for them.