Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Cruise Control

mattyg

I was looking into getting Perfect Pass for my boat. I have used PPass Pro Digital a lot in Response but was curious if anyone knows how well the Perfect Pass Cruise works. How well does it hold speed? I am primarily using my boat for wakeboarding and wakesurfing. The main reason I am looking at the Cruise is it is about $350 cheaper than Wakeboard Pro or Digital Pro.

I had the wakeboard cruise in my 02 VLX, and it worked fine, but did not work at slow enough speeds for wakesurfing. I don't even know if they sell this model any more or not, but if you're not going to get the wakeboard pro, make sure you get a cruise model that has a paddlewheel (the wakeboard cruise has this) and not just RPM mode. The RPM mode is pretty useless at WB speeds.

Overall, of you're going to use it for both WB and Wakesurfin, I think you need the WB Pro.

i agree. I have PP Plus (which is RPM based only) and it works great for skiing. it also work fine for me for wakeboarding, but i don't weight my boat much at all. it does hunt a little though, so i suspect with a larger and weighted boat, it would have a problem in RPM mode. the biggest disadvantage of the Cruise models (RPM or Speed based) is that you can't input a preset speed. you manually go to your desired speed, then set the speed. it will remember it from there, but for different riders/skiers, you have to manually change once they are going. it is real simple to operate though.

Edited by jgouveia3
i agree. I have PP Plus (which is RPM based only) and it works great for skiing. it also work fine for me for wakeboarding, but i don't weight my boat much at all. it does hunt a little though, so i suspect with a larger and weighted boat, it would have a problem in RPM mode. the biggest disadvantage of the Cruise models (RPM or Speed based) is that you can't input a preset speed. you manually go to your desired speed, then set the speed. it will remember it from there, but for different riders/skiers, you have to manually change once they are going. it is real simple to operate though.

Can you find any WB Pro's used? I didn't realize how much they cost until I went to my local dealer... $1000 is crazy! Crazy.gif

Can you find any WB Pro's used? I didn't realize how much they cost until I went to my local dealer... $1000 is crazy! Crazy.gif

i actually pieced my system together from parts from ebay. i started with PP Cruise (rpm based) i got really cheap on a bid, then i bought an older style external display. since then i have upgraded to the analog tach/pp display. i also bought a paddlewheel, but i need a different master module (the Plus master module does not accept the paddlewheel).

let me know if you find some place that sells used parts.

Look at it this way... $1000 is a lot less than it would cost you if you ended up divorced.

I didn't yell at my wife even once last year for being off on the speed while pulling me. The entire stress level associated with her having to drive for me has gone done considerably.

Mike

Look at it this way... $1000 is a lot less than it would cost you if you ended up divorced.

I didn't yell at my wife even once last year for being off on the speed while pulling me. The entire stress level associated with her having to drive for me has gone done considerably.

Mike

no, now i yell at here, press up arrow 3 times, select left, RPM, YES, etc. they really do need to make some of the menus a bit more intuitive.... Crazy.gif

Mike

Already divorced... Twice... Yahoo.gif And it only cost me half of that price!

Mike

no, now i yell at here, press up arrow 3 times, select left, RPM, YES, etc. they really do need to make some of the menus a bit more intuitive.... Crazy.gif

ROFL.gif

Mike

Now that is funny! ROFL.gif

$1000 seems like a lot of money, and technically it is, but when you finally decide to do it you will wonder what took you so long to add it. I put it off for a few years and really regret waiting so long to add the perfectpass.

I agree about any PP being a marriage saver but got to say until "everyone" gets the menus sussed it the PP itself causes "issues".

The menus are poor and the instruction book is also poor. They really need to work on it.

$1000 seems like a lot of money, and technically it is, but when you finally decide to do it you will wonder what took you so long to add it. I put it off for a few years and really regret waiting so long to add the perfectpass.

it is not really a $1000.00, he is going to be into it for $650.00 anyway, so really it is only costing $350.00 more.