Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All you Brazos River Rats.....

Shifters

North of Lake Whitney and Kimball Bend. I am new to the Brazos...are there more areas that are safe to board?

Edited by Shifters
North of Lake Whitney and Kimball Bend. I am new to the Brazos...are there more areas that are safe to board?

Not really................. Biggrin.gif

I don't know much about property available in the Kimbell Bend area. Sorry.

I think there is one on BFC website http://barefootcentral.com/ for sale for 30K$...

You can bet that one is not waterfront.

Are you looking for a place to live, camp or just visit? Do you want waterfront or just access? Slurpee & I are on the Brazos River, it's a wide spot on the river called Lake Granbury.

It's on the river. I have a set of pictures if you like. PM me your email and I will send you the photos.

I am a Brazos moron. The only place i know about is the section above Lake Whitney where the Indian Lodge, Kimball Bend, etc... is. These are just south of Cleburne. Where are these other areas?

I am looking for raw land to park a travel trailer or a small home for weekend getaways from Dallas.

Anybody feel like giving me a Brazos 101 course? I appreciate it. The Brazos (the part i have seen) is unreal (in a good way).

Tin Top is south of Weatherford and above Lake Granbury on the river.

Kimbel Bend is above Whitney and below Granbury on the river.

Tin Top has no parks or public areas to get out of the water other than the ramp. There is a beach of sorts that people hang out at just up river from the ramp. There is a private area (Mike & Barbie's) on the river that a lot of regulars hang out at but you need to get to know them first. Lots of Hydrofoilers hang there. There are several housing additions along the river, you just have to find a place for sale. They range from $ to $$$$.

So "the ramp" is just a public access boat ramp? Where is this ramp...i would love to come check out that section of the Brazos.

Anybody been on both sections? Opinions?

Thst would be an awesome weekend place then. IMO, Tin Top is WAY better than above Whitney if you have a place to get out of the water like that.

I agree with Ronnie, go to TT Biggrin.gif Also there is some Brazos land below PK and out by Stamford Biggrin.gif

So "the ramp" is just a public access boat ramp? Where is this ramp...i would love to come check out that section of the Brazos.

Anybody been on both sections? Opinions?

I20 or I30 west past Weatherford to TinTop Rd. Go south to the river.

I think there is one on BFC website http://barefootcentral.com/ for sale for 30K$...

I checked this out in person today. Pretty rough neighborhood. I didn't see a boat dock (could have been one there), but the water access looked like a swamp, and there was a bay full of stumps to navigate through to get to the main body of water. But I guess for 30K, what do ya wan't, the Taj?

What a great forum! Thanks for all the info, and thanks for actually going and looking at the property!

If you buy it, if you want I can even test out the place for a week or two next winter... Whistling.gif

I have. I tried to make it last year but could not. I am going to trry to get down there this year as well...