Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shaun Murray

hyperlitenerd

Copied from wakeworld:

KGB 540 and hit the water hard, ending up face down and out cold with only his board floating above the water. The boat whipped around and Drew McGuckin got him on the platform, where Murray soon came to but had to be taken from the site in a strectcher

Just a reminder to every to wear your cga vests. I hope he is alright... :(

orginal WW thread

Copied from wakeworld:
KGB 540 and hit the water hard, ending up face down and out cold with only his board floating above the water. The boat whipped around and Drew McGuckin got him on the platform, where Murray soon came to but had to be taken from the site in a strectcher

orginal WW thread

I hope the boat didn't create too big of a wake when it whipped around for its injured rider Shocking.gif

Copied from wakeworld:

orginal WW thread

I hope the boat didn't create too big of a wake when it whipped around for its injured rider Shocking.gif

Yeah thats always a tough choice, get there before he sinks, or go slow and not damage any possible injuries.

I was just joking, after the two or three treads on here about what to do when your rider falls and is hurt :lol:

yeah, im having a crummy day, sorry.

Scary situation. Glad he is ok. Unfortunately, it's not the just the Pros who take some hits. This is another reason to crack down on the drunk wallys on the lakes. If his crew had not been paying serious attention, the divers would be bringing him up.

Our local lakes (another reason I like my little private mountain lake), will have stories just like this come summer. The sport is taking off so much and I see more and more boats.

Edited by Headhunter 2317
Scary situation. Glad he is ok. Unfortunately, it's not the just the Pros who take some hits. This is another reason to crack down on the drunk wallys on the lakes. If his crew had not been paying serious attention, the divers would be bringing him up.

Our local lakes (another reason I like my little private mountain lake), will have stories just like this come summer. The sport is taking off so much and I see more and more boats.

more and more uneducated drivers. Driving/pulling with a boat takes much more attention than driving a car, yet no training is put into it.

Per Shaun's Dad:

Well..... anything exciting happen this weekend?? (jk)

Shaun is doing OK today with a great deal of stiffness in his neck. I haven't seen him today - but I know he's out and about.

First - let me comment about vests - I have been an ardent proponent of vests - particularly back when it was "in" to not weaar one (early 90's). I have never seen anything that challenges my thinking on that. While the vest may not always keep you face up - it does a few things 1)it keeps you on top of the water - in the event you lose your board like Dean Smith did earlier in the day 2) it makes it easier on whoever is helping you in the water.

Shaun took a very hard fall - it was a scary few minutes while the boat maneuvered to help him (Travis was instantly calling 911 and Drew jumped into the water from the boat. The EMT was immediately on the scene on the seadoo and they all worked to get Shaun into the boat as we stood on the shore and waited. It seemed like an eternity since the boat was covering what was happening and we couldn't tell if he was concious or what - but finally after about ? minutes - he sat up in the boat. The Fire department was there first and we got Shaun up onto land - he was very groggy and didn't look very good - but his long-term memory seemed OK - but then I asked him questions about the day and he couldn't remember anything short-term. I'm told they had first called in an air-vac and then called it off and the ambulance arrived - we then went downtown Atlanta to the trauma center where they were waiting for him - about 5 doctors etc. After Xrays and a CT scan - the doctor said they didn't see anything extraordinary but they were keeping him for the night.

He was released at noon Sunday and went to the stop where he signed autographs at the Hyperlite tent.

But the terrific part of the day was his riding in the quater-finals. He had one of his best runs I have ever seen in terms of smoothness and air - - he was clearly in the zone. And he was ecstatic - so it was a bummer that he ended the day off such a high. As you may know - there were big storms threatening in Atlanta for Sunday and as a result the tour decided to run the semi-finals immediately following the quarter-finals. Shaun fell on his first or second trick - finished the first pass fairly well - fell a second time and then on the next trick - ate it big-time. But we are all greatful that he emerged OK - it could have been much worse. Thanks to everyone who helped (or prayed) for him that day.

Man, seen the HL add where Shaun's all tied up in chains and it reads how nothing can hold him back? And it lists all his injuries. He's had it tough. It would suck to end his carrier like this.