Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MBO Withdrawal

LouDoc

Well, I thought the cure for my MBO addiction was over. I'd been moody and depressed. I'd stand on the airport shuttles and hold the rails imaging I was 75 feet back and cutting butter. Non-MBOer's just didn't get it! I'd grumble to colleagues that even true passions were for sale - I was loosing faith in humanity! Not even the arrival of my new VLX was shaking the gloom! I was planning a cool new mod, but no one to share it with!

I tried WSR but couldn't shake the feeling that 'the man' was watching. Talk of sponsorship just added to the bitterness. As a last desperate attempt I logged back on to WSR and decied to give it one more try. Just before giving up I hit a thread with a link to here! What a breath of new life! I don't have to shake my addiction afterall! Let the obsession live!

Thanks to Tracie and her team for reviving MBO's spirit in this new venture. (And yes, I've already put my money where my mouth is!) Thanks as well to the members of this community for surviving the transition. Looking forward to a great season!

Thanks LouDoc.  BTW, I didn't know that you went out & got yourself a new VLX.  :)

Actually, I ordered the new VLX in January. (Gotta support the new Bu dealer in town). I sold my 03 LSV with no advertising other than my post on MBO. I sold it in February and actually had two offers. Neither one of them had a test ride - a testimony to the outstanding resale value of a Malibu!

Welcome LouDoc, ahh, welcome back, ahhh, hello again, whatever. Isn't funny how those thread show up over on the Darkside.

Partytime.gif

LouDoc

I'm glad you made it here. I was thinking of sending you a message to let you know about the site that Tracie et al have put together. I still appreciate all of the good ideas I got from you for my audio install. Your willingness to take the time to post info and pics was great, so I know you will be a great addition here as well. I'm jealous of the new boat. Let the pics start!!

David

LouDoc

I'm glad you made it here.  I was thinking of sending you a message to let you know about the site that Tracie et al have put together.  I still appreciate all of the good ideas I got from you for my audio install.  Your willingness to take the time to post info and pics was great, so I know you will be a great addition here as well.  I'm jealous of the new boat.  Let the pics start!!

David

Agreed! Let's see 'em. :)

I do have to give Jeff a plug. He's been a great guy to deal with both over on MBO & on this site, & he's given me a lot of advice & tips that have really helped. Thanks Jeff, you are Da' Man!

No problem.  I'm glad to help.  I might even see if I can get a pic or two of Keith's boat up in the next day or so....with his permission.  :)

I was thinking of waiting until the first day out after the mods are done to get some pics to show. I want to be able to give the full performance report - plus I may be able to get some shots of you and the dust man going big!

Welcome :)

WSR brings a entire new meaning to "the dark side".

Nothing against Jason, But MBO was a family and the family lives again here with the Crew!!!

LouDoc,

I was so excited to see that you were alive and "back" that I forgot to ask "Mods, what mods? That is a new boat, has it even been wet yet? And you are talking mods." Jk....

No, in all seriousness great to see that you found the new baord. And by the way what improvements have you thought of for your new VLX?

dlb

LouDoc,

Gald you survived the "transition".  What mods on the new VLX?

Tom

LouDoc,

I was so excited to see that you were alive and "back" that I forgot to ask "Mods, what mods?  That is a new boat, has it even been wet yet? And you are talking mods."  Jk....

No, in all seriousness great to see that you found the new baord. And by the way what improvements have you thought of for your new VLX?

dlb

The first mod is pretty standard stuff. I'm adding some soft sacs to the back storage to pump up the wake so that I can surf when it's just me and the CFO out there. I won't need them with the whole crew on board.

The second mod is has to do with the Illusion racks. Since my family is six strong and we all board - we need three racks. Turns out when you put two racks on one side in the designated areas the boots of the boards prevent you from loading the racks. So we're working on changing the angles of the forks to fit better.

Third, I was going to be putting a Basslink in, but that's on hold for now. It turns out I may have plenty of bass with my current setup - we're going to wait on the water test to see.

I saved the best for last - but since we've not water tested it I'm keeping it under wraps. I'll make a seperate post with pics and performance description once we're sure what the outcome is. I'll post regardless of how it turns out.

Unfortunately, it may be a few weeks as I'm having knee surgery today! My partially torn meniscus that I've nursed for the last two years became completely torn two weekends ago. So, I'm having the same surgery on my right that I had on the left 7 years ago. At least it happened at the early in the season so I won't miss too much water time.