Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I don't know what happened to my daughter....

Faceplant409

So young Faceplant-Caitlin is 3-1/2 and through last summer was hesitant-at best about the water. She's been in the boat since she was 4 months old and likes it but the water....not so much!

At week 18 of swimming lessons she still wouldn't put her face in the water and cried when it happened. The teacher(s) had exhausted their collective bag of tricks. On week 19 (3 weeks ago) she decides the water is OK and has no problems that day. BIG praise from us!!!! Then next week she's slipping in off the side. Last week she dove (belly flopped) standing up!!! Its a miracle!!!!!!!! Yahoo.gifROFL.gif

So this week Mrs. Faceplant actually asks to go out on Sunday. SURE, I say!!!! But she wants to bring her Mom...early Mother's day ...... Cry.gif Well at least it's a legal third...... Knowing the water will still be chilly, I go and get Caitlin a pint sized shorty and a long sleeved rash guard for the sun and hope for the best. SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!! (THE best C-note I've spent on the boat!!!)

The water was +/- 75 and air was 80* And 'lil Caitlin had the time of her life!!! Diving, splashing, using the kick board... Best of all I assured her that NEXT time the water will be a little warmer... That got BIG smiles.

I'm soooo proud of my daughter, but I'm even happier that my wife AND daughter will be out on the boat more than years past! Yahoo.gifROFL.gifCrazy.gifBiggrin.gif

Life is sweet! Just had to share!

Patrick

So young Faceplant-Caitlin is 3-1/2 and through last summer was hesitant-at best about the water. She's been in the boat since she was 4 months old and likes it but the water....not so much!

At week 18 of swimming lessons she still wouldn't put her face in the water and cried when it happened. The teacher(s) had exhausted their collective bag of tricks. On week 19 (3 weeks ago) she decides the water is OK and has no problems that day. BIG praise from us!!!! Then next week she's slipping in off the side. Last week she dove (belly flopped) standing up!!! Its a miracle!!!!!!!! Yahoo.gifROFL.gif

So this week Mrs. Faceplant actually asks to go out on Sunday. SURE, I say!!!! But she wants to bring her Mom...early Mother's day ...... Cry.gif Well at least it's a legal third...... Knowing the water will still be chilly, I go and get Caitlin a pint sized shorty and a long sleeved rash guard for the sun and hope for the best. SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!! (THE best C-note I've spent on the boat!!!)

The water was +/- 75 and air was 80* And 'lil Caitlin had the time of her life!!! Diving, splashing, using the kick board... Best of all I assured her that NEXT time the water will be a little warmer... That got BIG smiles.

I'm soooo proud of my daughter, but I'm even happier that my wife AND daughter will be out on the boat more than years past! Yahoo.gifROFL.gifCrazy.gifBiggrin.gif

Life is sweet! Just had to share!

Patrick

If you're going to educate that little girl, you need to teach her correctly. 75 F water is NOT cold. That is awesome! That is July water. Revel in it.

Perhaps I'm a tad jealous here. You think?

Thats great 409, I can relate, you'll be pulling her on the kneeboard in shallow water next time out. Anytime on the water is good time, revel in every minute, as it goes so quickly. I'm now waiting on grandchildren to relive those original times.

• 1 month later...

Soooo the next chapter is 'lil Caitlin (3-1/2) in a tube by herself!!!

(but her dumb-a$$ Daddy forgot the camera.......)

I don't know who was stoked more me or her???

Yahoo.gifSurprised.gif

Pat

For the last 2 years my daughter (5) has not wanted to do anything but sit in the tube (very slowly). Now she wants to ski everytime the boat is out and my son (7) has no interest.

It's great when all of a sudden they click.

If you're going to educate that little girl, you need to teach her correctly. 75 F water is NOT cold. That is awesome! That is July water. Revel in it.

Perhaps I'm a tad jealous here. You think?

Haha..I was thinking the same thing. Our lake was mid 70's this weekend and it felt GREAT. The water was actually about 8 deg warmer than the air :( It will only get to 80 or so mid summer, so it's up there already.

Either way, congrats Faceplant...a big step indeed. My struggles with my kids continue...

Edited by jshap