Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass on a Response Lxi

BlastRlxi

I know this has been covered before, but I was looking at it from a slightly different angle. Most of my slalom skiing (as well as my wife's) is open water. The Wakeboard Pro model would probably fit all my needs. What I was wondering was if it would be better to get the Digital Pro on the Response Lxi. Would it be better for resale at some point with a slalom specific PP on a slalom specific boat? The additional cost is not that much, but would I get it back at resale? I probably wouldn't use all the functions on the Digital Pro, but it still might be worth getting.

Any input is appreciated.

This thread has information on the functional differences (there aren't any except for the magnets). The consensus was to get WBPro and upgrade to DigitalPro later if it became an issue.

Hope this helps...

Just one more thing to add - They used to differentiate the gauges between WBP and DP (name on face of gauge), but they stopped doing that some time ago - so both are going to look the same from the driver seat. I doubt that having the magnet sensor is going to make squat difference in your resale value.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

I'm an open water skier as well. I went with the WBP for the same reason, I wouldn't use the features on DP and it's an EASY upgrade if I change my mind or sell the 'bu. As a side note, I quickly found out that I prefer the old display over the new 6.5ng display. With the latest display you lose your analog tach and are stuck with a digital tach, making a skier / rider pull up more difficult IMO.