Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's it worth?

Broke Amigo

I have been looking at a couple websites trying to figure out what the boat is worth. Maybe some of you guys could help me out a little bit.

99 Sunsetter LX

Monsoon

tandem axle trailer

~750-800 hours(need to hook it up to a computer to find out for sure)

woodgrain dash

updated tribal wakesetter graphics

cover

bimini top

titan tower

board racks

tower speakers

tower lights

perfect pass

nice stereo system(even though it amounts to a hill of beans resale wise)

4 optima blue top batteries

upgraded 90 amp alternator

extra stainless prop

Boat is in good condition, one owner, garage stored. Bought new in April 99. Never had any problems with boat (obvious to the amount of hours on the boat.) Does show some signs of wear in the upholstery. I was thinking it would bring ~$12-$15k?

Edited by jpeavytx

I would say that is well under priced at 12-15k. I sold my 96 LX, same options minus - lights, PP, new grahics, 2 batteries. Had 270 hours and the interior was in great condition. I sold mine for $21k last year.

Make sure the motor gets a compression test.

I had the monsoon and wedge too.

post-281-1146781652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greg_S

I just sold a 97' on consignment for 19,500 that wasn't nearly as well equipped. It had a Monsoon, Monster Tower, wedge, depth finder, t/a Boatmate. 12-15,000 is a steal.

As I said I have no idea what the boat is worth. There just isn't alot of these boats floating around on the internet. Guess I could call up my dealer and ask him what that boat should fetch around here.

Edited by jpeavytx

I agree that it's worth much more than 12.5 to 13K. I bet you could get 18 to 19 or better for it if you cleaned it up a little from that picture.

I agree that it's worth much more than 12.5 to 13K. I bet you could get 18 to 19 or better for it if you cleaned it up a little from that picture.

That is an old pic, just got its spring cleaning the other day!

Edited by jpeavytx
I'd bet that you'd get low 20's this time of year.

That's what I was thinking. Buy low, sell high...right?

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater

I'd bet that you'd get low 20's this time of year.

That's what I was thinking. Buy low, sell high...right?

You guys have me really thinking about this boat. Bet I don't sleep well tonight!

I've been searching for a boat for awhile now, and I can agree with what everyone else has said, it's worth more then 12k-15k.

I'm buying at $15 Biggrin.gif I would think you could get between $18-$20k for it. Throw it on Ebay and set your reserve accordingly. :)

Edited by Henken