Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat, first post

jnking

I hope this pic works. We sold our '04 WS XTI in Jan and ordered this one. Just got everything wrapped up on it last week. It took alot of thought in the color selection. Enjoy.

Yahoo Pics

Congrats!!! and welcome to the site...now get out the wallet for all the extras... :lol:

Welcome to the Crew! I like the color selection and think it's great to see that use of color on the lower hull. I'm sure it's a head-turner!

Thanks for the compliments.

Yes, I do pull it with the Cayenne. It is a '05 Cayenne S, so it has the V8. It has plenty of power, torque, and great brakes.

That red tower looks fabulous!!

cute girls!

and the TR-6............. Love.gif ......does it drive as good as it looks? ALWAYS...wanted one of those!

Very nice looking boat. Those color combinations look great together. The colored tower is also a nice addition.

Can you tell me what wheel and tire size is on the trailer and backspacing etc? I loved the look of the Xti sitting in front of that same lake, I seem to remember it being on the old MBO.

Sweet looking boat by the way.

Cbrown,

Thanks for the compliments! The picture is actually beside of my pond that runs parallel with my driveway.

The wheels are Eagle Alloys style #170. They are 20"x8.5" with a 5.238" backspacing. I ordered the trailer from Boatmate with wider fenders to allow for the extra wheel width. I had to use a 1.5" adaptor to clear the back of the fender. I don't remember the tire size, I'll look this evening and post it later.

My last boat that you remember seeing on MBO had 18" wheels with a 3.75" backspacing. It had the wider fenders also, but I didn't have to run an adaptor on those. I am getting more road feedback to the tow vehicle with the 20" wheels, so I may end up going back to an 18" wheel on this boat too.