Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VRide ?

Broke Amigo

I have the option to buy an 05 Vride with 15-16 hours for $30k. It has the following options that I know of, maybe more just didn't get all the details. Going to look at it today or tomorrow. What does this boat run if I was to buy it new?

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

I have the option to buy an 05 Vride with 15-16 hours for $30k. It has the following options that I know of, maybe more just didn't get all the details. Going to look at it today or tomorrow. What does this boat run if I was to buy it new?

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

Well the boat starts at 39 thou, so tag on the options... you're going to add a good chunk of money. But the boat only had 15-16 hours on it? That's hardly even the break in period.

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

I paid $45K for mine. It has all of the above, a heater, Issota Steering wheel and throttle knob and a fiberglass platform and the Titan tower. $30K would be a pretty good deal. Make sure all is in good shape.

That's a very good deal, especially considering the time of year. Unless there are circumstances that we don't know of & you can't speak of, I'd wonder about the "too good to be true" addage. Heck, you could turn it & make a tidy profit if it's in good shape.

That sounds like a really great deal as long as it's not on ebay and you dont have to send your money to Greece.

The boat was purchased August 2005 and only used for a short period of time. His son just joined a select baseball team and he doesn't think he'll use it much this summer. He is a family friend so he offered it to us before he puts it on the market. I am going to take a look at it today or tomorrow so I can see exactly which options it has.

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

Great deal if it is all in working condition! Don't get caught up in how cheap it is and have it checked out by a professional. If there is something wrong with it, "the seller" is counting on you trying to scarf up a good deal and hopes that you miss whats wrong with it. Remember what the folks used to tell you when you said that you wanted something "Good things come to those who wait or are patient" For your sake hope it all works out and good luck. Let us all know what happens and send us some pics.

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

Great deal if it is all in working condition! Don't get caught up in how cheap it is and have it checked out by a professional. If there is something wrong with it, "the seller" is counting on you trying to scarf up a good deal and hopes that you miss whats wrong with it. Remember what the folks used to tell you when you said that you wanted something "Good things come to those who wait or are patient" For your sake hope it all works out and good luck. Let us all know what happens and send us some pics.

I have been in and around inboard boats my whole life so I know what to look for. He just wants to get rid of it. The only bad thing is I'm in the middle of building a house and really don't need it, but if its what I think it is I will be the owner of a 05 VRide this weekend! Yahoo.gif

Anyone looking for a 1999 Sunsetter LX that has more options/upgrades than I feel like typing?

Edited by jpeavytx

tower speakers

teak platform

illusion X tower

midship ballast

wedge plate and foil

flip up bolster

rear ballast

two pair pull up cleats

depth finder

Monsoon

Perfect pass

I have been in and around inboard boats my whole life so I know what to look for. He just wants to get rid of it. The only bad thing is I'm in the middle of building a house and really don't need it, but if its what I think it is I will be the owner of a 05 VRide this weekend! Yahoo.gif

Anyone looking for a 1999 Sunsetter LX that has more options/upgrades than I feel like typing?

That is very nice of him and thats good that you can take advantage of it. If you dont need it and can afford to buy it, do so and turn it right around and make a little dough off the deal yourself.

Or keep it & sell the LX. :)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Just need to figure out how much the 99 is worth, I'll let it go for a good price if the VRide checks out ok.

That is very nice of him and thats good that you can take advantage of it. If you dont need it and can afford to buy it, do so and turn it right around and make a little dough off the deal yourself.

Sine the guy selling the boat is his friend, I don't think that would be a very good idea. If I had a friend who did that to me, we wouldn't be friends much longer

The only problem is that I planned on ordering on 07 Wakesetter VLX this coming winter. So its hard coming to terms buying a VRide right now, but a v-drive is sooo much nicer than my current DD. At the asking price its hard to not pass it up. I could buy the boat use it for the summer and sell it before I order my new boat. He wouldn't care a bit if I did that, but he might get a little upset if I bought it to flip!

The only problem is that I planned on ordering on 07 Wakesetter VLX this coming winter. So its hard coming to terms buying a VRide right now, but a v-drive is sooo much nicer than my current DD. At the asking price its hard to not pass it up. I could buy the boat use it for the summer and sell it before I order my new boat. He wouldn't care a bit if I did that, but he might get a little upset if I bought it to flip!

Sounds like a perfect solution to me. . . .

Just got back from looking at the boat. It has only 10.5 hours and is brand spankin new! I am happy to say that I'm now the owner of 2 Malibu's.

Now anyone want a 99 for a good price?

Way to go jpeavy!!! where's the pics?

My digital is at the office. I'll try and get a few pics this weekend! Yahoo.gif

what a find that was...bet you can use that boat all season, put 50-75 hrs on it...and sell it this fall for more than you paid for it. I'd even consider a short vacation on the dark side for that price. enjoy!

Just got back from looking at the boat. It has only 10.5 hours and is brand spankin new! I am happy to say that I'm now the owner of 2 Malibu's.

Now anyone want a 99 for a good price?

Keep them both. How can you get rid of that classic inboard?

Well my reply might have been a bit pre-mature.Bash.gif He called me this morning to let me know he was taking it to get detailed and when I had a chance go take a look at it. Well after lunch I went to look at the boat where it was getting detailed. He told me to call him back afterwards and let him know. Now for some reason he hasn't answered or called me back. Hope he didn't let someone slip in front of me and get the boat! Dontknow.gif