Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boot upgrade

88Skier

We bought an Animal front and are using the same RTP. What a difference. Excellent binding. It's like a whole new ski.
Imagine the control with Animals front & rear. Biggrin.gif

I've never tried the Animals, Superfeet, or Approaches. I have a size 9 foot that is slightly wide, but not too bad, but I have a very high arch and most bindings hurt my feet because of my arch. I hate the bindings I have right now (old set of Connely's, and a set of KD's). Any advice on which binding would be best for my foot type?

I've never tried the Animals, Superfeet, or Approaches. I have a size 9 foot that is slightly wide, but not too bad, but I have a very high arch and most bindings hurt my feet because of my arch. I hate the bindings I have right now (old set of Connely's, and a set of KD's). Any advice on which binding would be best for my foot type?

I'm a size 9, medium width, with slighly high arch, and an aspiring course skier. I had an Animal (older model, not superfeet) and I HATED it. It was WAY too tight across the arch / instep. I tried the Approaches and they were very comfortable but have a slight forward cant to the boot that you may / maynot care for and some of the better skiers on this board have stated that you will stay in the boot in a the event of crash. I found the Approach "fit" was extremly adjustable which may work for you.

One of my first jobs out college was at an exclusive ski shop. Waterski boots are somewhat like skiboots. The only true way to know what feels good and works is to try them on and ideally take them out for a few turns IMHO.

As a side note I went with a Venom, soft, and easier to get out of in an "event" and the fit wasn't too tight across the forefoot, fine for an aspiring bouy chaser like me. I will be ditching the RTP for a Rear Venom this week for my first double boot setup. I'm anxious of trying something completly new, but hopefully it will yeild a positive result.

Edited by skistud1

i wear an 8 1/2 or 9 shoe, wide, with a high instep. I wear med Animals (4 years old ??, no laces), and at first were a problem with tightness and aches, but they eventually got comfortable. And I have been saying that I NEVER come out of them. well sunday, did a yardsale crash, and i came out. I was more shocked that I came out of my ski, then i was from the fall...

We bought an Animal front and are using the same RTP. What a difference. Excellent binding. It's like a whole new ski.
Imagine the control with Animals front & rear. Biggrin.gif

Don't be starting trouble. Biggrin.gif

I share this ski with my friend DuckMan, he's a Polish size 10 and my son whose an 11. I'm an 8.5 or 9. A large fits me perfectly. They like it too. I'm skiing like a young guy again, (in my mind anyways).