Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RGB LED Speaker Rings and CupHolder Rings DIY

bunji169

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wanting to add strips to under the seats to shine on floor. Don't see any good way to hide the strips. On my 06, the seats all overhung the carpeted sidewall and could be attached to the bottom seat lip to shine down. The way these 2012 seats hinge and don't have an overhang on rear seats, I don't see a good option. Any Ideas? Don't want to have strips open to site.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get it connected to a 12v battery? I have these same LEDs in the ceilings oh my house, but it came with an AC adapter to plug it in the wall.

Most run on 12v natively. Just wire through a fused switch to batter and your are done. On your axis you can tie in through your interior lights circuit.

Most run on 12v natively. Just wire through a fused switch to batter and your are done. On your axis you can tie in through your interior lights circuit.

Well what im saying is, the LED strip connects to the IR transmitter. The IR Transmitter has a DC connector to be connected to the power supply.. Unless theres a DC adapter that turns it into a +/- connection? Not sure if you understand what im trying to say? lol

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81DHTSY3XGL._SL1500_.jpg

81DHTSY3XGL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah that would work too... Only problem with all of these are they need a direct line of sight with the IR remote, so hiding the IR transmitters is an issue

So you are saying you'd prefer rf?

http://www.amazon.com/Cooligg-Wireless-Remote-Controller-12-24v/dp/B00GWFH46A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419636364&sr=8-4&keywords=12v+rgb+controller+rf

Doesnt matter if the controller/receiver is IR or RF, how its wired to the boat remains the same. What you hold in your hand and push the buttons on, is the transmitter. Shawn's post # 63 sums it up.

Think I ansered my own question. Im curious how the OP did his, but heres a connector

31OLu-WXyVL.jpgCan I get these from e-bay. I have same light set and need to order some other bits and pieces to cut and rejoin mine in several places.

So im getting all the parts together to start this project. I was wondering on the rev 10s, does the grill sandwich the tubing so longer screws would be needed? Does that mean there will be a noticeable gap between the grill and the speaker housing? The wet sounds LED kit using an acrylic mold that sandwiches inbetween the grill and housing, but it makes it nice and flush. Their kit includes longer screws.

If youve ever seen up close, the quality of the Wet Sounds ring and how the light is defused by the opaque ring, a "tad" cheaper just doesnt cut it. Not to mention they use a 600 p/5M strip LED. And yes, their kit does include the necessary longer screws stainless steel screws.