Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used tow SUV

racer808

Thats what the google has been saying too. I'm fine with the V10, just can't find one that doesn't have ugly tan interior.

Don't the V10's have a lot of head gasket issues - and get like 8MPG?

Don't the V10's have a lot of head gasket issues - and get like 8MPG?

I'm not worried about mileage since it is for boat use only, will sit otherwise. 2003 newer supposed ot not have issues. Very on fence about even making purchase.

Edited by racer808

If you do get cloth you can get wet okole seat covers for it....awesome covers....probably the best on the market and they are made for getting wet at the ocean or lake.

I'm not worried about mileage since it is for boat use only, will sit otherwise. 2003 newer supposed ot not have issues. Very on fence about even making purchase.

Why not take two vehicles on longer trips? 12k is a lot of fuel, plus you have the additional insurance and registration...

On the advice of my diesel mechanic, I wouldn't own a 6.0 unless bulletproofed, which that one apparently hasn't been.

Yep, and also 03 was the first year for the 6.0=the most issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why not take two vehicles on longer trips? 12k is a lot of fuel, plus you have the additional insurance and registration...

Its still possible. She is worried her Altima with 120k miles might not make it. She wants a newer vehicle so we are debating buying this older excursion if its solid, or maybe buying a newer one with lower miles & spending the money. She hardly drives as she works from home so again, it would be mostly used as a tow vehicle. May not buy anything at all. The only certain thing here is I am not getting rid of my truck. Love my truck

The truck stays. We are bonded. Plus it's a lease, I'm stuck with it for another year. Would possibly maybe just turn it in then & get a car or a used truck of sorts if we have the excursion & it's solid. Negotiating on a 2003 v10 with 120k Eddie Bauer, got him down to $8,500. Looks well maintained & the only interior blemish I can find is a small tear in the drivers leather seat. My 08 Ram had more damage to the drivers seat from just getting in & out so that is not a biggie. Still want that damn Limo though...

The truck stays. We are bonded. Plus it's a lease, I'm stuck with it for another year. Would possibly maybe just turn it in then & get a car or a used truck of sorts if we have the excursion & it's solid. Negotiating on a 2003 v10 with 120k Eddie Bauer, got him down to $8,500. Looks well maintained & the only interior blemish I can find is a small tear in the drivers leather seat. My 08 Ram had more damage to the drivers seat from just getting in & out so that is not a biggie. Still want that damn Limo though...

That's not a terrible deal by any means.

That's not a terrible deal by any means.

I keep reading about a rear towing sway bar being very important. I can't imagine it being a big deal pulling a 21' boat though?

stick your head underneath.... I'm pretty sure the 03s actually did get a sway bar (which you can upgrade to the f250/350 version if you so desire). My 01 has no sway bar but it will in a couple of weeks.

I keep reading about a rear towing sway bar being very important. I can't imagine it being a big deal pulling a 21' boat though?

The best thing for an Excursion is to put F250/350 diesel stock leaf springs in. Search V/B mod (spring codes) it makes a huge difference in how they handle & tow and gives them a bit more lift just like the trucks. I would've gone V10 also because financially it makes more sense but I love diesels. I love mine it's too bad they don't make them any more...............Shawndoggy, I must be glutton for punishment I have two 6.0 diesels!.............