Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Noob bluetooth question...

Flyswatter

I ordered a wetsounds bluetooth adapter for the boat. What else will I need to be able to hook it up to my rockford black box. I want the bluetooth adapter on the drivers side. I am assuming I need a 3.5 mm extension cable...

I just installed this unit this weekend. Works really well, but I do get some hum when a song is paused

when the volume is set at 25 and up.

You'll want to pull power from your batteries, not from the fuse panel at the helm.

I tried that first and had an enormous amount of hum then a song was paused.

Not to mention when I turned the heater blower on it resonated through the speakers. Apparently

this is caused by a ground loop. I tied everything, but to no avail to eliminate. I did put a separate

12v gel cell across the power leads as a test, and this eliminated the hum.

So for my power connection I tied into the RF power distribution blocks by my Punch 500 amp, this

Is switched power.

I'm going to look into getting a audio filter, hope this will eliminate this pesky hum.

Spoke with Rob at Wet Sounds he had suggested putting a 37k Cap across the power leads.

I found it only caused the hum to amplify. So at this point I'm still at bit of a loss as to where

this him is resonating from.

I'm interested to hear if you have this same issue?

I really don't know much about stereo systems, but I figured I could handle this install. Is there a wire size that is recommended for running the power to the batteries? I am assuming I have to go all the away around my bow with the wire and 3.5mm extension.

You should be able to go from the helm to the ski locker under the floor which puts you through the bow floor

ski locker. If you put your arm in the floor bow locker, reach forward and up, you'll feel the exciting wires

attached to the underside of the floor.

Just follow the speaker wire from the helm.

Wire gauge, I used the same as the BT, but don't remember the gauge off had. Might be 18.

This is a pretty simple install. But It helps if your a contortionist. ....lol....

PM me your email if you would like some pics.