Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got my TMC transom pad on!

P7M89MM

Headed out for the first time this year! My boat sleeps at my grandmother-in-law's house. Snapped a quick pic with my phone before we pulled it out. I think it turned out well!

14163217351_316e9214c9_b.jpgphoto-11 by P7M89MM, on Flickr

• Like 3

I really wish these, along with the Mailbu branded ones didnt fade so bad... Seems like they are the same material as the guide pole covers. I ever soaked mine with 303 a few times last year and it didnt help much.

If there is ever another purchase of these, I'm in for one (and I already have a Malibu transom pad).

We do have exactly one left in the store. After that, it's hard to say when we'll have another buy.

EDIT: Scratch that, someone just bought the last one.

We do have exactly one left in the store. After that, it's hard to say when we'll have another buy.

EDIT: Scratch that, someone just bought the last one.

Damn it.

I do agree with Levi that these things fade way too fast. My Malibu one shows a lot of fading, especially for a boat that is garage kept. They only sun it sees is when we are either using the boat and the week we rent a cabin at Norris when the boat stays in the water.

Just noticed that my transom pad from my 06 VLX won't Fit my 2012 VLX. Transome rings are are farther apart and straps wont reach far enough to buckle. Slightly fadded but still usable. Anyone interested in it give me a PM.

Strange to hear of the fading w 303 usage. Got mine from a dealer in Texas and it has no fade but I spray mine w 303 front and back once or twice a month Apr-Sept and still looks new. My guide pole pads the same way. Maybe their "source" uses different fabric but does not look any different to me, I just spray mine a lot. And yea,,, I buy 303 by the gallon. I'm kinda like the Franks hot sauce lady in their commercial, "I use this ---- on everything" Has never let me down.

Oh, to the OP,,,, Your boat and set up looks fantastic. Well done.

Edited by h2ojunkie

I picked up the last one from the store yesterday noonish. I just got my boat out for the summer and had alot more scratches on the transom than I remember, Hopefully this pad will give me some protection back there.

P7M89MM - You sir have a great looking boat!

In the mail today, I think that I entered the tracking info last night so you should have that in your account. Let me know if it's not there.

Thanks WakeGirl!