Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding 2 w707 bags to my 06 v-ride

BuzzVRide777

I'm changing out my hard tanks to two 750 lb ballast sacks. I was wondering if it's worth it to change out the 800 gph pumps for 1100, maybe even change to tsunami. Is it worth it to change if I don't change out the hoses and input/outlet hole sizes? Anybody have experience with using pumps besides piranha? I don't want to change out or ever subtle pumps...just wondering about upgrading the stock piranha pumps. Is it worth it or just a waist of time?

Also, I have a bow tank and 2 400 lb sacks. I usually put one on the floor in the walkway and only use the second if I'm light on people in the boat and put it up on the port side bench. Should I put the one tank under the port side seats? Don't know how much of a difference the 750 lbs in the back is going to make with my current way of weighting the boat out. Anyone experienced with doing that change out? Recommendations?

Just got schooled up on this. If you go bigger on the fill pumps then you'll want to use 1" hose. If you choke the output of a Tsunami T1200 down to 3/4" then you essentially just turned it into an T800.

I'm changing out my hard tanks to two 750 lb ballast sacks. I was wondering if it's worth it to change out the 800 gph pumps for 1100, maybe even change to tsunami. Is it worth it to change if I don't change out the hoses and input/outlet hole sizes? Anybody have experience with using pumps besides piranha? I don't want to change out or ever subtle pumps...just wondering about upgrading the stock piranha pumps. Is it worth it or just a waist of time?

Also, I have a bow tank and 2 400 lb sacks. I usually put one on the floor in the walkway and only use the second if I'm light on people in the boat and put it up on the port side bench. Should I put the one tank under the port side seats? Don't know how much of a difference the 750 lbs in the back is going to make with my current way of weighting the boat out. Anyone experienced with doing that change out? Recommendations?

Are you talking wakeboarding or surfing? I have he same boat and replaced my hard tanks with 750's. When they are pretty full that's a good bit of weight in the rear. Big change over the stock hard tanks imo. I have the middle stock tank full, the integrated bow (under seats) sack full and I put a 400ish sack in the walkway/under playpen cushion. For me that makes a really nice wakeboard wake with no wedge. It's sad but I rarely have more than me and a second in my boat. With this setup my wake is more than big enough for me and my "crew" lol, to have a good time. I have a friend whose son is a competitive boarder and he tells me my wake is really good and he has ridden behind pretty much all of them.

Just got schooled up on this. If you go bigger on the fill pumps then you'll want to use 1" hose. If you choke the output of a Tsunami T1200 down to 3/4" then you essentially just turned it into an T800.

If this is the case, you would still be limited by the 3/4" thread on the bags. It will get reduced to 3/4" regardless.