Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me tune my surf wake

tncumminsguy

Right now I'm trying to get my surf wake just right

What I have

2011 Malibu wakesetter 23' LSV with all the factory hardtanks and power wedge.

-I have added 750lb bags on each side of the motor

-400lb bag I can put on the side i'm surfing.

Is anyone running this set-up or anything close to it? Trying to get the wake right with the boat loaded with people and with 2-3 on board

I'm tuning in for advice....I haven't spent much time tweaking mine yet, but have same boat and 800lb bag in back locker...need to get out there and work on it.

I run this set up on my VLX and wake is great, you have the LSV so the wake should be a bit longer with this set up. Play with the wedge's position if you need but I would keep the wedge all the way down for a longer wave.

Put the 400 in the nose running from the peak of the "V" to the side you are surfing. Fill the back corner of the side you are surfing along with the mid and front. Put the wedge all the way down then up a few notches. This will make your wake perfect. By putting more weight in the front you will make a longer wake, using the wedge you will make it steeper hence doing both with make a nice long but steep wake! We havent been out to surf yet this year but i believe the speed is 10.9MPH. The wake will take shape around 10 and really set in after that.

• Like 1

I fill the stock ballast but only the rear surfside. 750 in the rear locker 2 400lb bags one on the seat in the rear corner and 1 next to the seat as far foward as it will go. and a 350 under the seat. i put the wedge all the way down. i run 9.8-10.4 and thats where my wave is the best.http://youtu.be/MYTT7qo7QMM

Edited by AZ23lsv
  • 2 months later...

Ya I'm about to order two more 400LB tanks so I can make an 'L" in the back corner and still have a 400 up front, i'm gonna swamp this damn boat lol

This was the advice given to me by some avid wakesurfers with a '10 LSV

750 lb bag in the rear locker

750 lb bag on the side seat in the middle of the boat

Factory rear surf side

Factory center

Factory Bow

If you want a steeper wake add more weight in the back corner. If you want a longer wake, move the weight forward.

Wedge:

Steeper Wake: All the way (45 degree angle)

Flatter/Longer: All the way in down position

11mph +- however inaccurate your paddle is

• 8 months later...

Adding a 370 under the Port side seats and buying another 400 to put on top of that for when I don't have enough passengers. Thinking about changing the prop out