Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjjbrown

Hours on 2013 VTX.

Chrisjjbrown

Can anyone tell me how to view my hrs on my 2o13 VTX. This might be a stupid question but I look in the manual and it says it should be on the guage screen on the maliview screen. It is not there. I can not find it for the life of me and I am not sure how to add it.

Also every time I turn back on my boat te time resets on my factory radio. Any way to stop this or is this simply because the battery is turned off.

Thanks.

pennery

I believe there is a software update for this. In the meantime you have to go into the diagnostics screen.

ajive

Yep. And when you find it in diagnostics, move the decimal to the left 2 places... so if it says 1000, that's 10, not 100.

JasonK

What? The hour meter is wrong by not having a decimal in it? Great! Thanks Malibu. F'in dumb.

85 Barefoot

I'm 99% sure its just one decimal, just like the "old" hourmeter gives hours to the tenth.

Chrisjjbrown

Thanks guys, So How do you get this software update.

I am guessing you can't manually move the decimal you just have to remember this

85 Barefoot

Thanks guys, So How do you get this software update.

I am guessing you can't manually move the decimal you just have to remember this

correct...but you'll "remember" because you will know that you dont have 143 hours for example when it says 143! I've "heard" ther was a software update that moves hours anywhere else but that doesn't mean theres not. It takes 2 keystrokes to get to hours. I never found it to be a big deal.

Chrisjjbrown

Thanks guys

Chrisjjbrown

Also anyone have an answer as to how I can keep the time set on the radio? Or is this just going to reset when I turn off the batteries everytime.

85 Barefoot

would make sense your clock will reset if you're turning batteries off...do you really need to do that each time? you could run a dedicated wire that's always hot but I'd just leave battery on.

Chrisjjbrown

I don't really know if you need to or not I have just always turned off my batteries in my boats when not in use.

ajive

Yeah, my memory is bad. One decimal place when you look at it from the diagnostic screen... My bad.

Still, get the software update and it shows up on your main screens.

Chrisjjbrown

How do I get this software update? just ask my dealer?

Fman

It's done through a USB thumb drive, your dealer can even send it in the mail and you can do it yourself. Plug and play, super easy.