Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Two PDX-F4s

OLDGUY

I have four Samson XM9 on my tower powered by one PDX-F4. The guy at the local stereo shop told me to get one more and bridge it each powering two speakers 200 watts each rather the getting one large amp like JL HD750/1.

Any suggestions.

The PDX-F4 is a great amp. The nice thing about the PDX's are they are stackable so you wouldn't need too much more real estate on the amp rack. The other good thing is they are a current product and easily resell-able if you want to go for the JL amp.

I am running 4 of the JL HD750/1s so I'm ovbiously a fan. I would do one amp it's much easier to tune one channel than 4, plus the JL amps are just better all around amps than the Alpine. Not saying the alpine are bad, just the JL are better (they run a different power supply)

Old guy - one thing to keep in mind on the XM30.2 setup on the tower speakers is:

The amp comes preconfigured set on HP (high pass) and crossover set all the way down @ 80Z. This is the exact setting you need for your tower speakers. Only area of tuning will be how much gain you'll feed the tower zone. And that will depend upon the output voltage your deck or preamp eq is feeding the amplifier. If you need some gain setup tips I'd be happy to guide (if needed). Should make those speakers sing! -Brian

Crap! I changed the the crossover to about 120 I guess. I didn't know any better. Still sounds great.

Should I go back to 80Z.

I put the volume at 75% and turned the gain up till it distorted then stopped. Is that right?

Yes move back down to 80 and it will make the sound warmer with more bottom end.

Looks good on the tuning approach

Great choice with the XM30.2. Love both of mine. I have both of mind set a hair below 80 and they sound great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk