Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

USB help 14 lsv

Ryannewcomb30

First weekend with the boat in the water but never could get the USB with my I phone to work. The Bluetooth worked fine but when I plugged up my phone all it kept saying was USB rd. I left it on there for close to 30 mins and nothing. Am I clueless?

We got our 14 LSV last week. Way I understand it the iPhone will only work with the cable that came with boat connected to the round port. I think the USB is only for flash drive. However I loaded some music onto the flash drive that came with the boat and tried it and only got that same USB RD. So I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MEYJR

We got our 14 LSV last week. Way I understand it the iPhone will only work with the cable that came with boat connected to the round port. I think the USB is only for flash drive. However I loaded some music onto the flash drive that came with the boat and tried it and only got that same USB RD. So I have no idea. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEYJR is correct, the iPhone (or any other iPod devices) will only work with the iPod 30-pin cable. If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the lightning connector, get the "Apple" 30-pin to lightning adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m) as it will adapt the digital audio out to the analog required by the black box.

As for other USB drives, my luck has been hit and miss. The one that came with the boat worked, but some others have not. Still trying to find the pattern.

Thanks for the help, I'll pick one of those up this week. Does anyone else think that's a little off? I mean in a boat that is worth that amount, you think they would have thought of that? I know it's hard for everything to be applicable with so many devices out there, but with the current I phones that have been on the market for 3 years and this boat is a complete re design. Not making a urge deal, just still trying to work out some kinks I guess.

Thanks for the help, I'll pick one of those up this week. Does anyone else think that's a little off? I mean in a boat that is worth that amount, you think they would have thought of that? I know it's hard for everything to be applicable with so many devices out there, but with the current I phones that have been on the market for 3 years and this boat is a complete re design. Not making a urge deal, just still trying to work out some kinks I guess.

I recommend using bluetooth audio.

I recommend using bluetooth audio.

Wakeswagger, not to high jack this thread but you mentioned using Bluetooth which I have in my 14 LSV and while using the Bluetooth I am only able to get output out of the left side boat and cabin speakers. I am using the 420EQ and am familiar w/ the unit.

Any ideas or have you experience a similar issue. Dealer installed 420

Thanks

• Like 1

Wakeswagger, not to high jack this thread but you mentioned using Bluetooth which I have in my 14 LSV and while using the Bluetooth I am only able to get output out of the left side boat and cabin speakers. I am using the 420EQ and am familiar w/ the unit.

Thanks

I have the stock RF head unit, but it sounds like either your fader is set incorrectly or the dealer didn't install your unit correctly. Perhaps someone else on the forum is familiar enough with the unit to troubleshoot this issue?

Just from personal experience I would look at all factory amp settings though if FM comes through stereo its not the amp. My two factory amps were so jacked up it was ridiculous. Forget the warranty stickers and tune it right. I thought it was a great sterao once I did that. My pass filters were literally set up backwards....with the low pas son like 20hz and the high pass at german shpeherd whistle frequency.

Thanks

I have (had) the same issue in my 13 built in late 12. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Bluetooth receiver. They are up too rev F, I think, and I had rev C. I was only getting mono when I first bought the boat. I updated the software and it broke Bluetooth completely. However, I saw the service bulletin that came with the update and it had a warning about that potential.

Moral of the story, I have a rev F on order that I'm holding out hope will fix both of the issues. The receiver is the 1" x 3" box in the under-dash compartment. There is a label indicating the device revision. It's a warranty repair, so if it's older call the dealer and have them get you a new one.