Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what does a G look like beached?

wakebrdr94

HEhehe, too funny. First of all, DON'T do this stuff when you have friends like ME! I know both those guys. I started the thread about the Tige, and participated in the thread about the MC. The Tige owner is one of those guys who is just really care free, easy goin. He keeps the boat in the slip at his house on Diamond Lake. His girlfriend lives in an apartment near his office. So he might go 3 or 4 days without coming home. He basically just forgot about the boat. They hadn't used it in a while. But it was in the slip. We had a hard freeze for about a week. And when he came home on Friday, the boat was stuck. He was hoping it would thaw out & he'd be able to pull the boat. But it just got worse. After a couple weeks it snowed & another buddy went over & uncovered the boat & took the pics of them skiing. The lake did thaw shortly after that though. He got the boat out. The only damage was the engine itself. Cost him like $1000 or $1200 to get a new shortblock ..... a buddy deal he managed to call in a favor.

The MC was a friend of a friend. I get this call, check this out. He sends pics of the boat stuck in the mud. At that time the lake level was still up a bit so at least it looked like the boat was floating. But the lake went down. A week or so later & he still can't get the boat out on his own, well, he started looking for other ways to get it out. By that time it was all over Wakeworld & he was getting boatloads of "advice" on it. In the end, the only damage was the cost of the helicopter to remove it.

Both those threads went for 20+ pages!

• Like 1

We all make boo boos. sucks when the consequences are so dire and you get shamed on the interwebs.

Speak for yourself! I never, ever...ever-ever-ever make mistakes! :whistle:

You have to admit we all have a litter remorse for the guy!

Right. .......I must say I feel for him. Glad to hear it's over, so who do we slander now? .LOL...

Right. .......I must say I feel for him. Glad to hear it's over, so who do we slander now? .LOL...

I'm sure there's a MC that will be roasted next.

If I remember correctly from biz ness school:

Libel if it's seen as in a writing (or a post)

Slander if it's heard as in spoken

Just sayin

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 2

I wonder if the owner knows there's a four page thread on BuCrew following this evolving tragedy... Watching this unfold is like the 24 hour news cycle, complete with hidden paparazzi and on-scene reporters!

:werule:

I wonder if they know that Afun has a post thats 1 bazillion pages about being a Ninja Assassin?

And the saga came to an end about an hour ago

Did the saga come to an end because he got his boat or is the saga just floating down stream?
Did the saga come to an end because he got his boat or is the saga just floating down stream?

Couldn't tell ya. Boat was there, a couple hours later, gone. I'm sure he was there just chomping at the bits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel terrible for this guy. I'd feel bad no matter what brand it was, nobody wants to see their "baby" like that. Hope he didnt have much damage :( Makes me terrified to visit lakes for a vacation and bring my boat along. I could easily see myself doing this if I didn't know a body of water had "tide". I grew up on inland lakes that didn't vary lake level much at all. I feel for the owner but glad to see they got it out. Fingers crossed minimal damage.

• Like 2
Couldn't tell ya. Boat was there, a couple hours later, gone. I'm sure he was there just chomping at the bits

What do you mean you don't know what happened? A good paparazzo never leaves his post!

You wouldn't last a week at TMZ...

Edited by IXFE

If I remember correctly from biz ness school:

Libel if it's seen as in a writing (or a post)

Slander if it's heard as in spoken

Just sayin

I recall it has to be untrue to be either form of defamation. There wouldn't be untruths on the Malibu Crew website, would there?

Interesting choice in screen names :Tease3:

...hence the name. It's difficult to convey sarcasm in an internet post haha.

Glad the guy got his boat back!