Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Trailer/Audio setup for Summer 2014

RySac1

I promised so many of you pictures, so here are a few. Boat is a 2004 Malibu 23' XTI

New for 2014 is a California Trailer Works custom painted "Malibu Red" trailer with full LED lighting package and 15" wheels

I also added 2 additional double can speakers and rear facing "flood" lights for nighttime picnics etc. I took the existing 2 double cans and flipped them upside down, facing to the rear for a total of 4 double cans, or 8 speakers.

Also added a new sony head unit with integrated bluetooth, and Sirius XM as up here we don't get a lot of cell service for Pandora on boats.

Welcome all feedback, and i will be taking more pictures tomorrow.

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

Looks great! You should be able to drown out all the Backstreet Boys playing on all the other boats without a problem.

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

The orange tie downs have since been replaced with retractable Black clips. Also we had to add a ton of additional lighting to the side of the trailer as I have a Range Rover and it wasn't "recognizing" a trailer since the LED's pull such low wattage. Its all good now, the last picture you can see some incandescence on the side rails to add power load.

Also we had to add a ton of additional lighting to the side of the trailer as I have a Range Rover and it wasn't "recognizing" a trailer since the LED's pull such low wattage.

That could have been corrected by simply adding a resistor into the wiring.

Why didn't you just go with 1 or two pair of higher end speakers (Wet Sounds, Exile, JL, etc.) vs so many of those speakers?

That could have been corrected by simply adding a resistor into the wiring.

Why didn't you just go with 1 or two pair of higher end speakers (Wet Sounds, Exile, JL, etc.) vs so many of those speakers?

We had no idea about the resistor option until it was too late. It actually look pretty cool at night so no complaints here.

As far as the speakers go, I actually really like the look of all of them. I think it's just on the Good side of the overkill border :)

• 2 weeks later...