Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picked up the 22 MXZ

Rainman45

I took delivery of my 22 MXZ a few weeks ago just thought I would post up some pics of it. Its the Blue Metallic on the top and the Charcoal metallic. It has the LS3 in it and I have been very impressed with the power with the boat. I surf about 80% of the time and the boat has performed flawlessly. It throws a great surf wake. My cousin has a 13 lsv and we have gotten it pretty dialed in. I have to say though the MXZ throws a different kind of wave, it is not near as tall as the LSV wave or have quite as much push but it is a long wave with tons of push all the way throughout. I was running a 1000 in the nose, 2 400s in the floor and 2 550s with my plug and play on top of factory ballast with the wedge all the way down. The boat did not struggle and performed really well. I got the seadek installed and I have to say that is my favorite upgrade I did on the boat. It dries out so quick and is so soft on the feet. I also did the 4 rev 10s and SD2 amp with the 420 equalizer. For the underwater lights I went with the Abyss Mini Starfish in blue. They are extremely bright for how small they are. Im very satisfied with the boat.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/5plyxu.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i57.tinypic.com/20gh2zm.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i57.tinypic.com/rrpqft.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/f3w45.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i61.tinypic.com/212e4v7.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2rdj4vm.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2zfv238.jpg[/IMG][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/f3w45.jpg[/IMG] 

mjtjd3.jpg

rrpqft.jpg

5w9h15.jpgf3w45.jpg53bih.jpg

2ngygxx.jpg

x3vear.jpg

opmgt1.jpg

2zfv238.jpg

2rdj4vm.jpg

• Like 3

Love the Sea Deck flooring. I have plans to out this in my 2013 22MXZ. Did Sea Deck have a template for the flooring or did you or the dealer do it? If they have it that means quicker turn around time for me.

Congrats on the sweet ride.

:yahoo:

Sweet boat, beautiful color scheme... And that seadeck looks great.

Is it me or are there are some large gaps in the center area? I wonder why they did not run the pieces closer together and add more material to tighten up the seams? Is this the standard gap for all boats with seadeck?

That is the standard gap size for the 23s on Seadek too. Still looks amazing!

Killer boat! I love everything about it, except getting the waterspouts out after using it, but that's the price you pay for a sick color scheme.

Edited by tjklein

It does look very nice, I'm just surprised they did not reduce the seams down to a smaller gap. If you look at the helm area, the gap between the drivers area and center walkway is tiny in comparison to the center area of the boat.

Love the sea deck but those gaps would bug the crap out if me, especially the hole for the table not being centered in the cutout for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree with everybody, those large gaps would bug the s out of me too. Also the circle at the top doesn't look right and the lower one doesn't look laid right. I love the Seadek too and am gonna do it on my Mxz but those gaps have got to be minimized. I am anal though and that is part of it but those gaps r huge though

Ok I feel better now... I'm kinda a perfectionist and thought it might have been me being too picky. I also noticed the circle cut out not being centered. I think seadeck or Malibu should fix it, and get rid of the gaps in the center area.

I don't get why if someone surfs 80% of the time they waste money on the extra pair of wetsounds. 1 pair would blast out the surfer already. Not complaining about you or your boat. It's sick! Love the colors. Just giving my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who don't pay for gas ride in the back seat! Those are going to be crazy loud on those peeps. If you have them on a swivel it does help to angle them upward a bit, they will be level when towing a rider and not blasting right in someone's eardrum.

• Like 1

Nice Soulcraft!! Man knows what he is doing.

Thanks Afun. That one is actually mine. It is an awesome board. :biggrin:

I don't get why if someone surfs 80% of the time they waste money on the extra pair of wetsounds. 1 pair would blast out the surfer already. Not complaining about you or your boat. It's sick! Love the colors. Just giving my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who don't pay for gas ride in the back seat! Those are going to be crazy loud on those peeps. If you have them on a swivel it does help to angle them upward a bit, they will be level when towing a rider and not blasting right in someone's eardrum.

At first I was concerned it might be too much as well. But now that I have been out with him several times, I will say it is not the case at all. He did it right by pairing them with a WS420. While surfing, it's not over-powerful as he controls them separately. He had them installed and tuned by an audio pro and they sound great even at lower/mid volumes. Yet, he can still crank them up when he wants. He has friends that love to wakeboard (and they like it loud). Lastly, he is usually the center of the floating/hand out cove on our lake where this is accepted. He is getting plenty of use out of them and it is not too much at all. And I must say, they look awesome.

The seadek is ridiculous. Very soft, drains well and doesn't hold as much heat as carpet. (Or hold water like the carpet.) Spoke with my/our dealer about this at length a few weeks ago. They are trying to get the guys from Malibu down to see customers responses to it and maybe offer that as an up charge in the future. Still a work in progress.

In response to the spacing - from what they told me, as of right now, they have most templates for the '13's and older except the MXZ line. I know this boat had to have a template drawn by hand and took a while to do. There may be some small imperfections, but I can honestly say it looks much better in person than in the pictures (as this is the case most of the time.)

It's a gorgeous ride. The flake on flake is beautiful. He has saved and worked a long time for this. Plus, he's single with no kiddos, so that helps....A LOT! :)

- the (older) cousin

Yeah boy!! Soulcraft rocks! What gaps? Speakers too loud?? Gimme a break....go shred, bring ear plugs and go dancing on the gaps....water spots on the gel coat....guess what...go shred...party and drink some PBR's....

• Like 2

Yeah boy!! Soulcraft rocks! What gaps? Speakers too loud?? Gimme a break....go shred, bring ear plugs and go dancing on the gaps....water spots on the gel coat....guess what...go shred...party and drink some PBR's....

I'd like this post 100 times if I could!

Friends dancing on the gaps in sandy steel toed boots? Go shred and keep partying. Partiers throwing up warm beer on the Maliview? No worries, party on and go shred. Gel coat damage from all those PBR cans floating in the water? Go shred!

• 1 year later...