Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Johnson Ballast Install - 2010 VLX

CL-Rides

Here are some pictures of our Johnson ballast install. We used two pumps and a "Y" to get water to the bow.

Both bags in the lockers are hooked up to factory vent lines. The "Y" you can open partially so we can fill bow and starboard bag at the same time.

Rear lockers are both 750 each + a 400 in the bow (but might be buying the triangle sac) + the 370 tube sac for surfing. Have the Monsoon 350 with 2315 prop and wake hull.

750 + 750 + 370 + 400 + 1200 (4 factory tanks) = 3470 +/-

We mainly wakeboard so I am excited to see the wake. Hopefully we can test it Monday if the weather holds!

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Starboard side:

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Port side:

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Bow:

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

nice job. 3/4" or 1" hose?

1 inch

Looks good man! I REALLY like the board racks in the garage.

Thanks. Parents just built a new house at the lake and this is the boat cave...

You can hang the boards and jackets up off of the swim platform. For the board racks we just used 2x4 and dowels and drilled holes into them at an angle and glued them in. Also wrapped the dowels to protect the boards

IMG_0532-1.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

CL, a good addition you might consider making is a quick disconnect hose to serve as a vacuum to suck the water out of the center bilge or anywhere else for that matter. I use mine for the ocassional time that we take one over the bow when I am surfing and the wife is driving. Almost a non issue now, but it still does happen. Too many girl friends yak, yak yak....

Starboard side:

IMG_0507.jpg

Hey - Great job!

Just curious...why did you add adaptors between the pump and the hose? I think 1" hose will go directly over the pump in/outlets. (i know they do on the Jabsco's). If so...it might make your fill/drain times a bit quicker as there will be less restriction. If you ever change it, let us know the time difference!

Again, great job on the install.