Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Watson Hybrid

isellacuras

I just rode a Watson Hybrid yesterday and, MAN!, what a difference over my hyperlite forefront. I knew the forefront was more of a beginner board going into it but was surprised at the difference in weight and balance. I am now in the market for a new board. I will be looking at "new" last years models (or older) as the Watson I rode was a 2012 I believe. I'm 6'4" and 270 and I am an intermediate rider with a small bag of tricks but looking to progress. Any suggestions for a board with similar characteristics? I have hinge tech bindings that I will be keeping for a while to keep the cost down. Thanks.

Looking for one. Found 135's for $200ish. 143's in the $330 range. If I can find one in the low 200's, I'm in. Open to suggestions on comparable boards too.

Trust me when I say this. Get the new Slingshot Lyman. It is one of the trackiest boards in the Slingshot lineup but still lands really soft. I owned the Shane Hybrid which is almost the same board and I went with the Lyman and never looked back. I am not your size but I am a big guy. I am 5'9" and 225lbs. Trust me, save yourself the cash and get a slingshot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If you're 6'4" and 270 you're not gonna enjoy that board. 135cm is way too small. You'll find smaller sizes out there on deep discounts. It's supply and demand. Will be hard to find a 143 at that price. My advice, and take it for what it's worth - if you wakeboard on a regular basis, and you find a board you like, get it. You won't regret it.

Edited by mikeyg

If you're 6'4" and 270 you're not gonna enjoy that board. 135cm is way too small. You'll find smaller sizes out there on deep discounts. It's supply and demand. Will be hard to find a 143 at that price. My advice, and take it for what it's worth - if you wakeboard on a regular basis, and you find a board you like, get it. You won't regret it.

I agree. I'm just a cheap SOB. That's the first "real" board I've ridden so I don't really have much to compare it to. Was nothing like I have ever been on before. Was soooo light and easy to ride compared to my forefront. My guess is that there are many options out there better than the forefront so just looking at options.

Edit: i was never considering a 135.

Edited by isellacuras
I agree. I'm just a cheap SOB. That's the first "real" board I've ridden so I don't really have much to compare it to. Was nothing like I have ever been on before. Was soooo light and easy to ride compared to my forefront. My guess is that there are many options out there better than the forefront so just looking at options.

Edit: i was never considering a 135.

Quit being a cheap SOB and buy a board you will enjoy for a while. The Slingshot Choice is going for $237 on evo. It has an excellent shape but lacks the grind base. It is light. You will love it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk