Sign in to follow this  
kaddman

2014 23 LSV LS3 Recall for Fuel line Modification

kaddman

Just got a call from the dealer to not use my boat until they can do a quick modification to the fuel line. They said Malibu has called them twice to make sure I don't use this boat.

Anyone else heard anything?

JK

tnsatbhs

Sounds like the same recall that was brought up in another thread labeled axis recall. There have been quite a few people that have been affected by this. Sounds like a pretty quick simple fix.

kaddman

Yep looks to be a small range of lines that are affected. Guess it's my luck day.

JK

Edited by kaddman

tnsatbhs

No good, I am not sure if my LSV was affected by this. Its been sitting at the dealer for about 2 months and I don't pick it up until Memorial Day... Hopefully the dealer will take care of it if it needs it.

From what I have heard about it, though, its not a huge problem and only takes about 15 minutes to fix. Had something to do with the crimp on the fuel line not being to the standards Malibu wants to see.

The green and black on your LSV looks sweet. Is the green metallic? Any more pics?

tjklein

The LSV is effected, at least the LSA was. It's for a 10" fuel line and it takes about 10-15min total. No big deal. My dealer took care of mine before I took delivery and they said it was a piece of cake.

nyryan2001

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I just had a fuel line on my '14 550hp G23, right where a fitting connects to the gas tank. The thin 1.75" nut that cranks the fitting down tight allowed some fuel to seep when I completely filled the tank. 3/4 of a turn later problem solved.

dgd

My fuel line was replaced with the boat on the lift at the lake.Took less than five minutes.

thtrog

Since the LS3 is Marine Power, it's not a Indmar recall per an earlier thread?

AJWest

My A24 was replaced and it has the L96. Has to do with crimping the line I heard.

Edited by AJWest

SmoothWaterMan

It's not an engine mfg related issue. Purely a crimp specification on a fuel line between tank and engine.

Peter

Chattwake

Hope the a24 I'm picking up tomorrow has had the fix performed...

tnsatbhs
Hope the a24 I'm picking up tomorrow has had the fix performed...

You ordered a new A24? Can't wait to see pics!

Chattwake

Not necessarily ordered... I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a sick demo. '14 w an ls3.

kaddman

Took it to the dealer today. Its the small piece of hose coming off the tank that goes into the connector where the sensor is. Not crimped to Malibu's specs. They had it fixed in about a half hour.

Jk