Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to inboards.

We purchased a 95 echolon this winter for a lake boat, for $2000.The boats been sitting for a few years.I will be preety much having to go through the entire boat.Ive had boats my whole life mostly peeformance hulls.I will be replacing the carpet so ill preety much pull the entire interior out.The boat has a 350 mag efi, I didnt run it when I picked it up.The guy was needing cash and had a title so I figured at the price its hard to lose.Theres some oddities though.The boat had a new motor installed and looks great but the shift cable or throttle is running atop the carpet.Could someone postsome pics of older echolons interior.I have to buff it out and steralize it but for a boat sitting at a dock itll be perfect.Whats all needed as far maintenance on these.I been mostly a outboard guy.Wheres the best place to pick up most these parts and pieces.

Great price! Hope the rest works out.

Under the helm there is a hole in the floor for the throttle cable and the steering cable to get to the bilge area. There is also one cross stringer with an existing hole in it to go through as well forward of the motor, basically between the ski pylon and the driver's left hip when sitting. I had to run some wires in mine and used a house fish tape from the engine bay forward. Stuck my son under the helm to grab it as it found the hole in the floor. I also ran and left another dead-at-both-ends wire there to use for pulling more in the future if needed.

For tune up parts skidim.com is a popular one if you don't have a local shop.

Welcome!

How do I post a pic.Im new to the forum so im not sure how it works.Im at work tonight but can get a pic tommorow.Its white red and blk/grey.Its seems to have preety much everything pop up cleats bimmini some sort of computer thing, I have even looked at much at all.We been remodeling our new house so ive been slammed.It defintly needs a cleaning but for 2k I could not pass it up.

How do I post a pic.Im new to the forum so im not sure how it works.Im at work tonight but can get a pic tommorow.Its white red and blk/grey.Its seems to have preety much everything pop up cleats bimmini some sort of computer thing, I have even looked at much at all.We been remodeling our new house so ive been slammed.It defintly needs a cleaning but for 2k I could not pass it up.

This is definitely my kind of boat, my kind of project. The absolute worst case is you're out $2000.

For pics the easiest is to upload to photobucket or similar and post a link to the un secured section. Make sure you change the impeller before trying to start, they usually dont take to sitting too well.

Def post some pics as soon as you can. Congrats on the new purchase, as an Echelon owner I can tell you the boat is pretty versatile. In the time I've owned mine, I've had VERY few problems with it; mostly the trailer to be honest. 2k is an awesome price too! They're easy to work on, and a great product by malibu.