Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Parts

So, I've been searching around for a new glove box lid for my 2006 RLXI. It doesn't need to be replaced but there are some marks on it that I don't care for. Any idea where to find one? My next stop is the dealer, I found one on Great Lakes Skiper dot com and the price is reasonable but the color is not correct.

you talking about the one that is "flat" and lifts up in front? Should be the same one still used actually, cetainly for the LX and CB. I bet your dealer can absolutely get it.

you talking about the one that is "flat" and lifts up in front? Should be the same one still used actually, cetainly for the LX and CB. I bet your dealer can absolutely get it.

Yes, 85. That's the one. I think it can still be had, too. I put a call into the dealer today. The service / parts dept. was super busy so I didn't get to talk with them. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow.

Good call, 85.

Here's a link to some pics of a current model RLXR - identical looking lid to my 2005 RLXI.

http://www.boatsonsale.com.au/boats-for-sale/new/power-boats/2014-malibu-response-lxr-extreme-green-arriving-soon/143272

I think that's slightly different than mine. There is no contour on the top of my lid on the 2006. It's just flat on the top surface. I agree with Ahopkins, too. Interesting to see the subtle differences between the US and Australian boats.

EDIT: I stand corrected.....Mine is just like yours!

Edited by inlandlaker

My dad will be coming from Melbourne at the end of the month. If you want me to see if he can get his hands on one let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do! I didn't even think about that. SP didn't call back yet, so I'll chase them down and if I get nothing on Monday, I'll let you know.....since our offices share a wall, that part should be easy.

I have the stock glove box door from a 2006 VLX but think it is different from what you need.

Thanks, Dalt. That won't work for me. I'll follow up with the dealer tomorrow. I never heard back from them.

The local dealer can get it. I'm ordering it tomorrow. It's $125. I was going to hold of a season and burn the $100 on a new transom remote, but this thing irritates me and I won't use the transom remote often. The glove box I'll see every time I'm out.