Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfing the T22

Raimie

I attempted surfing my T22 last night in the 55 degree water of Lake St. Clair. I took delivery with the bow plug-n-play bag not installed because my dealer hasn't received it yet. This boat needs the bow weight for sure. The wave was decent but it didn't have much push with the bow up in the air. (750s in rear lockers and all stock ballast full, wedge deployed.)

If I had more time, I would have liked to try it with the wedge up, but didn't get a chance. Hopefully the bow bag comes in soon. I plan to set up my hoist this weekend and maybe the following weekend get the boat in permanently for summer :clap: .

I can see a prop upgrade (2315) and FAE in my future. I know there are group buys, but I just got the heater too and don't think I have the time or cash to get everything on right now.

I felt like an amature docking this beast. For 10 years I have been driving the sportster and considered myself a pro at it. I know I will get better with a little practice, but it was a little embarrassing... :blush:

More to come. The pic isn't very good but more will come when we get the surf wave dialed in.

post-24604-0-42284800-1399645587_thumb.j

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Awesome! Was a beautiful afternoon yesterday. Not a wake snob but that looks like it has potential for sure especially with the bow ballast like you said. I am excited to see what you and ADDICTED2WAKE produce out of these.

Is it deep enough in the bays/main body of water to surf or do you need to stick to the channels?

On man, jealous of all the new t22 owners! I think I'm going to the website and build one for the 20th time.

Edited by Ruffdog
  • Like 3

Awesome! Was a beautiful afternoon yesterday. Not a wake snob but that looks like it has potential for sure especially with the bow ballast like you said. I am excited to see what you and ADDICTED2WAKE produce out of these.

Is it deep enough in the bays/main body of water to surf or do you need to stick to the channels?

I don't have a depth finder because I usually stick to the channels and have no need, but I think I was in about 10-15 feet of water according to the chart/gps I was using. Once I get my hoist set up for the T22 and take it out to Harsens, I will pretty much just stick to the Middle channel which is 30-40 feet deep.

My A24 slightly listed is better than evenly weighted. I'm betting the T22 will have a little better lip if slightly listed. Clean wave though, have fun dialing it in.

Raimie, how many people did you have in the boat? I think that angle shows the wave conservatively. I also don't have the bow bag yet but when I demoed the boat at the factory 6 months ago, it was very large (and was not full ballast).

I also have the 750s. I haven't messed with the ballast much as I haven't broken it in yet and don't have the bow bag but the position they are in (forward) in the lockers looks like they can't fill completely. Tomorrow I'll be past 10 hrs and will check things out in detail. I do think if T22 specific rear bags come out, I'll be very interested in possibly upgrading...

Edited by ADDICTED2WAKE

Raimie, how many people did you have in the boat? I think that angle shows the wave conservatively. I also don't have the bow bag yet but when I demoed the boat at the factory 6 months ago, it was very large (and was not full ballast).

I also have the 750s. I haven't messed with the ballast much as I haven't broken it in yet and don't have the bow bag but the position they are in (forward) in the lockers looks like they can't fill completely. Tomorrow I'll be past 10 hrs and will check things out in detail. I do think when the T22 specific rear bags come out, I'll be very interested in possibly upgrading...

What will the T22 bags consist of of? Unique shape?

I had a driver (235lbs), two kids (75lbs combined), and 2 other passengers (350 combined). The rear bags seemed to fill all the way. Turns out when I surfed, they weren't all the way full....I know the wave will be awesome when we dial it in.

I have the same board, Raimie. Isn't that a Ronix Parks Thruster Iluminati (5'1")?

We love that board.

It is. The lights don't work, but I like the board. Mine is the 5'7"

Friend of mine fills all ballast

Left plug and play

Adds 300 to surf side seat

Makes awesome wake with lots of push

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk