Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 with T3 and 8.1 on OIB

wakesetter8796

Nice boat! If they would come down, I would consider it. I have almost run out of projects on my 2006.

What is that thing attached to the tower?

I never paid too close attention since I don't have a 2008, but aren't the MUX switches one of Malibu's least popular inventions? It seems that they were only used in 2008, which should be a clue right there.

Edited by TallRedRider

Just an FYI, that boat was for sale last summer when I was looking, so there might be some negotiating room.

Edit-nevermind, it was a private sale last year, looks like they traded it in.

Edited by Ndawg12

They have an 07 I think or 06 with only 140 hours on their webiste for $48k, but it has an awful color scheme and captains chairs.

Saw this in person. It would have to be mint to demand that price, and it wasn't. I told them to give me their best price, they had just got the boat in and needed to look it over, but they never got back to me like they said they would. I ended up buying one from out of state a week later. I thought the MUX switches were a pain to use. I think $52-$54k would be reasonable. I did really like the colors. They'll have the green one for a decade if they don't drop the price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can barely get a 06 for $49. $55 would be a good buy.

My buddy just got an '06 w/ the 8.1L, same hours, same options, for well less than that.

They have an 07 I think or 06 with only 140 hours on their webiste for $48k, but it has an awful color scheme and captains chairs.

'07. Also has an all new interior as of 2013 (on a 140 hour '07 = not well cared for). New interior looks decent, bad inlay color choice, and I don't believe is a Malibu/Chee skin either + I see some install imperfections not normally seen on an OEM quality install. It is also a Hammerhead boat and trailer isn't included. Trailer is worth at least 3k if you need one, captains chairs are a hit in the value as well. Edited by Nitrousbird

My buddy just got an '06 w/ the 8.1L, same hours, same options, for 46k.'07. Also has an all new interior as of 2013 (on a 140 hour '07 = not well cared for). New interior looks decent, bad inlay color choice, and I don't believe is a Malibu/Chee skin either + I see some install imperfections not normally seen on an OEM quality install. It is also a Hammerhead boat and trailer isn't included. Trailer is worth at least 3k if you need one, captains chairs are a hit in the value as well.

And I have never seen a newer malibu with a dark green and black color scheme. :vomit:

What all was wrong with the red one?

Nothing major. Bunch of little things. Most would start from scratch on the stereo. I think there was an 8.1L 247 in oregon with less than 200 hours for $55k for comparison. I guess whoever gets this one will get it primarily for the tower. I mostly felt like they weren't in hurry to make a good deal on it. I would have bought it on the spot for $50k

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk