Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T22 is here!

Fishn4four

So after seeing the boat almost a month ago at the factory, we finally got delivery last week. There were a couple problems that delayed my delivery time and one them was the fuel line issue that AJwest mentioned in another thread. So the boat spent some time on the lot waiting it's turn to have the new fuel line installed. So once that was fixed and my dealer finally got the boat, he discovered that there were problems with the skybox seating fitting too tight between the side cushions. There were also several spots on the gel coat that need fixing as well as the swim platform wasn't cut smoothly.

So with that being said I give Malibu and my dealer props! I know that your saying "what?" "Props?" Yes! Malibu chose to keep the boat there and fix the fuel line at the factory and for that I am greatful. Now as far as the mistakes with the skybox,swim platform and gelcoat...everybody is human and people make mistakes and I give them props for recognizing it and fixing it promptly. My dealer discovered all this on a Friday. Called Malibu late Friday and made them aware of the problems and they sent someone from the factory and picked the boat up first thing Monday morning. It was back in my dealers hands on Wednesday! Granted my dealer is only 120 miles or so away from Malibu...but kudos to them for making it right and doing it very quickly! So without further ado...

Sorry here is the link for some pics..

http://axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2406

Boat looks awesome! Where are the interior pictures!? The longer I wait, the more and more nervous about issues from the factory I am.

2004wake, I think you should be fine on your boat. With this being a new model they are still working out some of the teething pains and the farther back in the production line you are the better off you will be. And not to rub it in... 2004 but I did get the ballast bags included and it was something that the dealers orders separate. I know we were talking about that earlier. They are just the 400's in the back and I forget what he said was up front. They are actually on order now and he will install them when the come in. I will get some interior ones up on the axis forum. I guess I need to be a supporter to upload here and I may just have to do that. There is so much great advise that comes out of both these forums! Thanks guys!!

2004wake, I think you should be fine on your boat. With this being a new model they are still working out some of the teething pains and the farther back in the production line you are the better off you will be. And not to rub it in... 2004 but I did get the ballast bags included and it was something that the dealers orders separate. I know we were talking about that earlier. They are just the 400's in the back and I forget what he said was up front. They are actually on order now and he will install them when the come in. I will get some interior ones up on the axis forum. I guess I need to be a supporter to upload here and I may just have to do that. There is so much great advise that comes out of both these forums! Thanks guys!!

No, you can use websites like photobucket.com to upload.

So after seeing the boat almost a month ago at the factory, we finally got delivery last week. There were a couple problems that delayed my delivery time and one them was the fuel line issue that AJwest mentioned in another thread. So the boat spent some time on the lot waiting it's turn to have the new fuel line installed. So once that was fixed and my dealer finally got the boat, he discovered that there were problems with the skybox seating fitting too tight between the side cushions. There were also several spots on the gel coat that need fixing as well as the swim platform wasn't cut smoothly.

So with that being said I give Malibu and my dealer props! I know that your saying "what?" "Props?" Yes! Malibu chose to keep the boat there and fix the fuel line at the factory and for that I am greatful. Now as far as the mistakes with the skybox,swim platform and gelcoat...everybody is human and people make mistakes and I give them props for recognizing it and fixing it promptly. My dealer discovered all this on a Friday. Called Malibu late Friday and made them aware of the problems and they sent someone from the factory and picked the boat up first thing Monday morning. It was back in my dealers hands on Wednesday! Granted my dealer is only 120 miles or so away from Malibu...but kudos to them for making it right and doing it very quickly! So without further ado...

Congrats! I have the same skybox issue. What did they do to resolve it? I told my dealer immediately about it but haven't taken it back in to have anything done yet.

Congrats! I have the same skybox issue. What did they do to resolve it? I told my dealer immediately about it but haven't taken it back in to have anything done yet.

Mine was so tight that it wouldn't even slide out. My dealer wad not sure how they missed that,but did say that they have been playing around with the sizing because it is a new model. I think the fix for mine was a re work of the port side seat and some on the sky box itself. I may have got lucky since I was so close to the factory.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah in my case, I can slide the seat out but the trans cover underneath it won't fit inside the recess of the floor. I don't see that being an easy fix unless they mold a smaller (5-10mm width wise) trans cover and send it to me. I guess we'll see.