Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help With Illusion XS Speaker Wiring

stumpf101

Im in the process of replacing my tower speakers with the hybrid exile system. I have run into two problems. First, I accidentally pulled the speaker wire out of the bottem right hole in the tower (the farthest from where the wire goes in to tower). I don't think I pulled too far, just a few inches where I can't see it. The only idea i have come up with is to fish around in the speaker hole above it, find the wire, and pull it though that hole. Then pull another foot of slack, double it back toward to correct speaker hole, fish aound again and pull it though the correct hole. I knew how much of a disaster it was going to be as soon as I did it, but I cant be the first one to do it. Is there an easier way that I'm not thinking about?

Second Issue is the hybrid setup is 6 tower speaker so 2 go on the rear tube of the tower. I tried to remove the rear tube to drill/ run the wires however i can only find a bolt in the left side. When I stick the allen wrench in the right side it does not grip anything. :dontknow:

If any of this is covered in another post, sorry I have looked for 2 days and didnt find it.

Push a piece of stiff wire down from the top, once you get it the the bottom pull the speaker wire out and tape it to the stiff piece of wire and pull the entire section back to the top!