Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers Pics

Bradley Thornton

Has anyone just not put the numbers on at all?

My friend did this because he's just one of those people who thinks you shouldn't have to put front license plates or registration numbers on anything. He got pulled over on the lake, thought he was in the right when he showed the game warden his registration papers and Parks & Wildlife decal that was in an envelope in the glove box. The game warden said it's not on the hull and gave him a $200 ticket (just the fine, not including court cost and fees). My friend was mad of course but you have to be an idiot to be mad at the cop. Be pissed at yourself and your ego. He then used his vinyl cutter at home and printed dark blue, 2-1/2" letters (not legal size) to put on his black hull. A week later the same game warden gave him another ticket.

Edited by AJWest

Lots of responses here, just wondering if someone can save me some time from reading. What is the font for the Wakesetter script on the side of a '14?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

My friend did this because he's just one of those people who thinks you shouldn't have to put front license plates or registration numbers on anything. He got pulled over on the lake, thought he was in the right when he showed the game warden his registration papers and Parks & Wildlife decal that was in an envelope in the glove box. The game warden said it's not on the hull and gave him a $200 ticket (just the fine, not including court cost and fees). My friend was mad of course but you have to be an idiot to be mad at the cop. Be pissed at yourself and your ego. He then used his vinyl cutter at home and printed dark blue, 2-1/2" letters (not legal size) to put on his black hull. A week later the same game warden gave him another ticket.

I agree with you. This year we are taking a trip to a lake that is half in Canada and half in the US...pretty sure if I don't have numbers the USBP will freak out as I know they watch the lake like a hawk.

I agree with you. This year we are taking a trip to a lake that is half in Canada and half in the US...pretty sure if I don't have numbers the USBP will freak out as I know they watch the lake like a hawk.

Word of caution, if you land on US soil while staying on the CDN side make sure you call the you know who!!!

" watch the lake like a hawk " is an understatment!!

• Like 2

Make sure you don't rendezvous with other boaters on the lake either if you come from the other side. That gets them excited too.

Yes we are going to Oroville this year...I think we will probably just stay in the US part of the lake...much easier that way!!

Sorry if this is a dumb question. They seem to have the same example pictures on each one.

On domednumbers.com what is the difference between "2014-15 Wakesetter Factory Match" and "2014-15 Malibu Wakesetter Font"?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. They seem to have the same example pictures on each one.

On domednumbers.com what is the difference between "2014-15 Wakesetter Factory Match" and "2014-15 Malibu Wakesetter Font"?

I had the same question. I was going to call them and ask

Don't quote me, but I think the factory match is the font the "wakesetter" graphic is. The font is the "Malibu" emblem towards the transom on the side of the boat.