Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers Pics

Bradley Thornton

Yeah. That makes sense. I went with the wakesetter font, but mine starts with OH so I don't have the problem you have.

I am sure yours will look awesome. mrnate's does and the more i look at it the more I am torn. I better hurry and order before I see yours too. the wife liked the Malibu font better so I better stick with it.

I am sure yours will look awesome. mrnate's does and the more i look at it the more I am torn. I better hurry and order before I see yours too. the wife liked the Malibu font better so I better stick with it.

Well that makes that a pretty easy decision.

I have the domed numbers chrome set. Can't seem to get a decent picture though, they kinda disappear on the camera.

Tracking shows mine are on truck to be delivered today. Big thanks to domednumbers.com for getting them to me before I leave for 3 day weekend lake trip tomorrow morning. I ordered on Saturday which is really like ordering Monday and asked if they could rush them so I would have them by today. I didn't think it would happen but looks like it did. I will post pics when i get them on. I think I am the minority and went with the Malibu font instead of Wakesetter font.

Son just told me they got there. Any special installation hints? I am (well family says i am but I deny it) very OCD and especially when it comes to decals on anything. I guess I just admitted it. I really don't want to screw this up. I assume I need to clean the area with something to get all the boat candy I use on it off. Or should I clean it good with boat candy first? Or something more like window cleaner or rubbing alcohol?

I've always cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol, don't use anything with wax. I've also measured and used masking tape before for guides to position them, but this last time I put them on by eye.

I actually cut mine into the three sections. For one, the edge of the paper isn't straight, and when I lined them up in one piece they went at an angle. The first section would be straight but once at the end, it would be slightly lower.

I see a lot of stress in my future tonight. Then after I get them on I will stare at them for days determining if they are a fraction of a fraction off. This will be me for days trying to decide if I did it perfect or not. :dontknow:

Edited by MEYJR

I kept forgetting to take pics of my domed numbers but finally took one with phone last night. These are the Malibu font. I am very happy with them.

Reg%20numbers-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tried black with chrome trim on the black part of my boat & the sheriff didn't like it.... said it blended in too much & he'd ticket me if he saw them again. 3D ended up sending me a 2nd set for free. Good luck with yours.

That's horrible! Fortunately, I'm rarely on a lake that has frequent visits from the law.

That would get you a ticket around here as well. The entire number has to be of contrasting color to the hull.

• 4 months later...

Domed Numbers, Response Font, Raised Light Charcoal Outline.

First pic not the best

post-20239-0-74211800-1418098413_thumb.j

post-20239-0-48096000-1418098433_thumb.j

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 3

Domednumbers.com. This is my 4th set from them(different boats). Black with Chrome trim. I did take a chance on the color, but hopefully the cops don't hassle me. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402338502.266975.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402338608.634360.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Yes I did get the discount. I just entered the code online while ordering.

Thankfully I had them on mine for 4 years and never once had an issue, But it just takes one that wants to be a hero and find a reason to stop you, I will do the same on my Black 2015 when I get my number,

Thankfully I had them on mine for 4 years and never once had an issue, But it just takes one that wants to be a hero and find a reason to stop you, I will do the same on my Black 2015 when I get my number,

The water popo doesn't have to a "hero" to stop you with non-contrasting numbers. You know the law, you choose to flirt with the boundaries. I did the same with my black boat with with black numbers and chrome outline. I never got a ticket and was stopped 6-7 times by water popo for safety checks. If I got a ticket I couldn't complain...it's my own fault about being a princess about not wanting bold contrasting numbers.

On a brand new boat, we didn't for a while. And we're hassled by dnr, but not about that because the boat was obviously brand new and we were having issues with getting paperwork from the manufacturer. You'd probably only get away with it once