Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help! Engine won't turn over?

Jetstream

You could also test voltage at the pump. If the pump isn't priming, either it's dead or it's not getting power. If it's not getting power, replacing the pump will be a costly bit of trial and error.

check page 8-31 here: http://bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/Indmar_MEFI4manual.pdf

Edited by shawndoggy

You could also test voltage at the pump. If the pump isn't priming, either it's dead or it's not getting power. If it's not getting power, replacing the pump will be a costly bit of trial and error.

I assume that it is at least getting some power, because he says that fuel is coming out of the schrader valve.

When my fuel pump went out I had the same issue. No priming sound, engine wouldn't start. New fuel pump & it fired right up.

Same here.

I would note for a noob, since I was at this time. My new fuel pump screamed like a beaten child. Took me a bit to figure out when I pulled the fuel hose back to change the pump, I didn't pull the fuel hose back down like it should & I had basically created a siphon loop depriving it of fuel. So make sure you put your hose back down how it was

Pull a plug or two to see if they are actually getting fuel. If they are dry, examine possible problems with fuel delivery. If they are wet, examine possible problems with ignition spark.

• Like 1

I guess your right I'm not making myself clear, sorry about that.

The boat is in neutral , I've checked the kill switch and the gauges all come to life and the chime sounds when I turn the key on. I pull the neutral lockout switch out and advance the throttle about a quarter and try to start. The flywheel and belt turn (I see this since the engine cover is open) but it won't start . I try this for about four times and wait and try again.

Should I hear the fuel pump activating or priming just before I try and start it? When I push down on the valve on the fuel rail fuel does come out so I feel that I am getting fuel to the injectors.

As far as winterizing the boat, I put stabil in the tank and opened all the drain plugs so as there was no water in the block all winter. I did NOT put a defogger in the system or run anything through the lines. The boat has been sitting since August but it did start when it arrived from Michigan to Denver. I started it let it cycle for about a minute and has sat since then. Going out to the barn and try it again. I will let you know how it turns out.

lots of those q's are addressed in that no start document referenced above.

it's a step by step process for getting your sick boat to run.

give it a try and if your boat doesn't run buy the time you get done w the document i'd be surprised.

****UPDATE****

Thanks to all that replied. The problem is solved. I don't want to give up my man card but the wife started the boat.

Okay I said it. Once you stop laughing I will explain the fix.

We pulled the boat out of the barn and I cleaned the connectors on the fuel pump, battery cables and went through and checked all the other connections for something that might be loose including the fuses. After I was done I jumped out and as she was walking by I said, "okay you try, it doesn't like me". She jumped in sat down turned the key and it fired up and the first try. The comment to me was, "what's the matter it runs"?

I gladly sat down looked into space and realized that this is the way the season is going to begin. Unfortunately the wind has picked up and it's not looking that great this afternoon to take it out on the lake. With that being said I pushed it back into the barn and will wait another day. It's time for a beer..

Oh by the way, I let it run for about 5 minutes with water going thru it and no leaks, mid range temp. , and it started again after it cooled down. Post Closed...

• Like 2

Well, it's great that you have a resource that can help with the boat. You should probably have her grill the steaks this weekend too. :Tease3:

• Like 2