Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu owner, coming from moomba!

lakewebster

Looks great and welcome to the forum.

Looking at the pics does she have led strip lights under endge of the seat cushions?

Edited by brad72

Thanks for the welcomes :thumbup: ! It must be a late 2010 then but we will see once the title arrives! It does have led lighting under the seats as well as under the platform and in all the compartments and on the logos! Previous owner did it all which was nice because it was in my plans. The RF is because the JBL was malfucntionion and was replaced under warranty according to the records I have, so thats nice as well, anyone know if thats why my maliview media wont work? Previous owner also got a small box built around the sub and moved the heaters which now vibrate like crazy so I will have to change that up. Most likely going to redo the subwoofer setup once I have some more money to throw into it. Thanks for all the compliments its crazy I found a used boat with the exact options and schemes I wanted! Glad to be part of the malibu crew now! Also my normal tow rig is a Tahoe but my father came along on the 10hr drive to pick it up and we took his truck, that thing tows unbeliveably well, 6.2L :thumbup:

Your right just in time! Once I sold the moomba there was a week full of panic trying to find a new boat. Now just have to enjoy it and get it ready for Brostock!

Haha, I know how that is. My boat has been sitting at the dealer since february, but there was a moment where I thought the slip and lift we are keeping our boat at wouldn't be ready before the boating season. Not the end of the world, but there was some panic involved.

Welcome to the Crew, Moomba convert as well. I go through the same RF a$$ pain about once a season. Check the connection from the in dash radio remote to the P.O.S. RFX-3000 (behind thge amp board). If it is even a hair loose everything will work but the audio on the Malivue. No volume, no mute, no auto volume... I finally ended up taping both ends together and ensuring good strain relief at the point of connection. Hope this helps. Bill

Nice boat!! Looks great..

I'm also a Skiers Choice convert, get ready for a completely different wake from the Moomba. I think you will be more than pleased...

Great looking boat, I am also coming from a moomba, loved it but the Malibu is a totally different world. Are any of you guys loading pics from phone or just computers?<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the lack of MTC, it is a 2010. Beautiful color scheme I love it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Glad y'all like it! Seems like there are alot of moomba converts here, I made the right choice! Excited to get out this weekend and get some boarding in. Thanks Wdr I will check those two connections. Im installing a equalizer for my master volume anyhow but just wondered why it was showing nothing! I'll start a thread for my eq and wetsounds install once they get delivered, its going to be a great summer.

Nice Bu, I've seen more and more Moomba Mojo's on my lake recently and they look like nice boats, the wake looks decent as well. I know yours was a different model but they seem to be nicer than i rememeber. I thought about stopping and talking to a few guys i saw surfing last weekend but as i got close i could see one of them was wearing a fadora, for some reason i decided not to stop. :)

Moombas are great boats, and a bargain at their price. It was our first wakeboard boat and was amazing. The board wake was pro level but the surf wake was so short and tall no matter where we added ballast and now that we surf 90% of the time it wasnt cutting it. We could have had a brand new moomba for the price of this malibu with 300hrs, but it came down to two things, comfort and handling. Our XLV handled similar to a 90s minivan, coming from a DD Nautique this was awful. With heavy ballast it took every 340 horses to get it up out of the water and it felt like an IO accelerating. Sharp turns with ballast would result in cavaitation. The handling of the Bu is truely something you will find in no supra or moomba model. Its unparreleled. Also with the same weight this boat flat out gets it out of the water and outhandles the moomba 10fold. And not suprisingly the malibu handles waves much better. We had nothing but great times on the Moomba but I do know it would be hard to go back. The details are what make malibu a top tier boat, ergonomics, handling, product quality, driver expereince. The price difference is justified in my mind... Did i mention I love the way the Malibu Drives? :thumbup:
Here is the old girl00Q0Q_jSK9QVWLYhi_600x450_zps10f9dc33.jp

Disclaimer: No fedora were worn in the usage of this boat.

Edited by lakewebster