Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Season Boat Trips!

TheKiwi

Meyjr, check out lake LBJ, it's about an hour from Austin depending on where you're at. Constant level lake. You do have to watch for low spots (granite)if you go far down the Llano or Colorado, but plenty of places to go. Of course, Memorial Day weekend will be crazy...just get out in the a.m.

Meyjr, check out lake LBJ, it's about an hour from Austin depending on where you're at. Constant level lake. You do have to watch for low spots (granite)if you go far down the Llano or Colorado, but plenty of places to go. Of course, Memorial Day weekend will be crazy...just get out in the a.m.

Thanks for info. More I think about it the more I think that weekend may be better spent at home getting stuff done so I can spend the less crowded weekends on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. During the summer (non weekends)it's pretty wide open. We typically make a run to LBJ for a week or so.

Pk is low but still fine remember the lake is 90'deep. I keep my bu there and have been out the last three weekends with no issues.

FYI, the Red Bull Cliff Diving Series is coming to PK Jun 6-7. @ Hells Gate, should be a blast!

Epic week and a half planned beginning at the end of May. 7 days south of Orlanda on Lake Florence and then 4 days on Lake Norman. Never been to either of them.

I can usually find glass on early weekends at Alatoona Lake. The boys and I enjoy runs from early AM to noon.

We'll haul it over to Lake Lanier for the Southeast WOW in August. It was fun last year... we'll do it again.

Spent the afternoon on Texoma on Sunday, whitecaps were coming in with the wind. Didn't get any boarding in or surfing for the matter as the 220 Team I'm using is..........not set up lol.

We put in at Highpoint and the depth gauge was reading 1.9ft and the boat was floating on the trailer, didn't even want to start it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navajo Lake in July for us. Glendo in WY at some point, not sure when. Noting too exciting since Powell got put off.

You from CO? Why did Powell get put off?

You from CO? Why did Powell get put off?

Poor planning. Wanted to do more then just see Bullfrog & options for staying in Bullfrog were limited. Will probably plan better & find someone to go in on a houseboat next year or go to Page AZ & stay there. Yes I am from Colorado, you?

Edited by racer808

Any of you Texas guys spend any time on Palestine? My in-laws are spending a week there in June and wife wants to take the boat there for a few days with them. We used to go there to eat at some all you can eat seafood buffet but have never been on the lake. Is it a good lake for boating and boarding? Will it be over crowded since it has plenty of water?

Also wife is looking for a good place to spend the 4th weekend. Any suggestions? I know every lake with water will be packed. We need a cabin or house to rent for 3 or 4 days.

There was water between them, we headed east toward rock creek where we have the lift, but there was a few boats over by the islands. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

MEYJR - Its pretty stumpy, you need to know where to go. Grab a map. We have an offer pending on a piece of land there. Its a gorgeous lake though.