Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

(4) Rev10s on Illusion

ryanbush

Is anyone running 4 Rev10s on an Illusion tower, if can so you post some pics? I'm trying to figure out a way to run 4 Rev10s along with my 2 Rev410s on my 08 tower.

Here are 2 Pro 80's, 2 MB8's and a Pro485. We kept hitting out heads on the 485 so I went to 4 rev10s. I'll look for a pic.

979849_10100503822532788_1441891775_o.jp

966349_10100503856489738_1283648267_o.jp

All I could find was the Rev10 with the speakerSox still on.

1908005_10100881337918928_17357965508383

Edited by SuperchargedC6

I wonder if I could fit 3 pairs of 10s and a single 410?

Yes you can. Two on the side with Xmounts and two on the hoop with clamps.

I'm only seeing one of the pictures above.

Hmmmm..I'm seeing all of them pop up. which one can you see?

Yes you can. Two on the side with Xmounts and two on the hoop with clamps.

Hmmmm..I'm seeing all of them pop up. which one can you see?

only the one with the Rev10s in SOX

0efa88ec.jpg

This is my current set up, REV410s will be here tomorrow to replace the Pro485s. Just trying to figure out what to do to replace the Pro60s.

I believe the rev410 takes up about the same about of space as the 485. Get a pair of these https://wetsounds.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=ADPDXTB for the bottom pair of Rev10s.

Or you could do what this guy did and make your own mounting points on the tower.. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-Malibu-21-VLX-102158631

I hope you have reinforced your tower! That's a lot of weight on it. With my old set up it was starting to crack the get at the base.

Edited by SuperchargedC6

My problem isn't with the bottom pair, it's that the top pair won't clear the 410s. My current setup my 60s and 485s were touching.

I haven't done anything to the tower, but after 3 years I have no issues with cracking and I run in some pretty rough water quite often. The tower seems really strong and stable, more more so than the MCs I have had in the past. I wouldn't be opposed to reinforcing it either though.

I wonder if you could use the Wetsounds adapter on the top pair to lower them and then have an adapter extended to drop the lower pair a little further?

I had thought about flipping the bracket to push the top pair up and forward, looking at your do you think that bracket would work that way?

Yeah I think it would. I actually have an extra set I'll send to you if you cover shipping.

Yeah for sure, PM me your paypal and I'll send you some money!!!!