Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers

longbeard

Story: I ordered some custom stickers for the side of my boat, I was told that it would take 2-3 days to complete and then they would ship. Great, so have them in about a week or week and a half at the latest. Two and a half weeks later, I just now get them. I ordered them 6" by 50", when I get them out of the box, they seem small. I pull out the trusty measuring tape and they are 4" by 50".

For online orders, I keep a pre-paid card that I put just enough money on for the purchase that I want to make. I am not a big fan of giving people access to my actual bank account. I get a call from them saying that the card was declined for my payment. I call them back to verify the amount. Now they charge .35 cents per square inch, so for my total, that would have been $210. They are trying to charge me $330?!? What? So I have to explain that the size stickers I ordered would not come close to that price. They agree, and then I explain that they are actually much smaller than I ordered. So they figure up what the new price will be for the size stickers that I actually recieve and then charge me for that, but then they add on $20 for shipping? They came rolled up in a box about 5" tall by 12" square.

I hope they still look ok that smaller size on the side of my boat, or I am going to be really mad at myself for wasting that money.

Just to be clear, are you saying this order is from domednumbers.com?

That is unlike Domednumbers.com for sure, this sounds like the one's from E-bay.

The one and only Domednumbers.com based out of Arizona. No not from ebay. Based on what everyone says about them on here is why I used them. I will say that they said they would remake the stickers to the correct size, but honestly, I just wanted to be done with it. I started not to even post anything about it because everyone else seems to have such a good experience with them, but then I figured I might as well post the experience that was given to me.

Edited by longbeard

I had an excellent experience with domednumbers.com . They upgraded my shipping on the hull ID I ordered because they took longer than 4 days. I didn't even ask them to.

Maybe that is the difference. I bet they can churn out the registration numbers, maybe the issues came in because it was a custom size? I don't know. Some of the excuses for why it was taking so long to make them was first they were having trouble with their resin machine, then later they didn't have anyone there to run the machine. The excuse for why the shipping was so much was because the sticker was longer, but like I said it was rolled up into a small box. I hope that everyone has a great experience with them, I really do. I however will not be ordering from them again.

Edited by longbeard

I found them excellent to deal with.

Mine were 6" high to conform with Australian requirements. I also bought smaller ones for the trailer. Very happy with the product and the service.

• Like 2

I found them excellent to deal with.

Mine were 6" high to conform with Australian requirements. I also bought smaller ones for the trailer. Very happy with the product and the service.

Which seems to be the norm, which is why I went with them.

I was one of the guys who got the 14 Wakesetter logo on a 2013 boat.. Domednumbers.com did not have the new font..and worked with me to get a set of numbers to match. I am surprised you are having a negative experience, as they were nothing but professional for me to deal with.

That being said, any company is capable of screwing up because people are involved and people make mistakes.

Hope it all works out, I plan on using them again for my new boat when ever it gets here..

Edited by Cipro

As like GreenMan, I had custom reg numbers done in the Response font. And then did up custom

Logos for the boat. I worked directly with Andy at Domed, he was very proficient and detailed.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Can only imagine that maybe they are overwhelmed with work.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44132-domed-numbers-pulls-through-again/?p=613590

I've used Domed Numbers several times, always have had excellent service and work. Hate the OP did not, definitely not the norm and good to hear they offered to make it right. Hope all turns out well!

It seems I am the exception and not the rule. Lucky me!

I just want to say thanks for posting I plan on ordering from them because I would say 98% have had really good luck with them but at least now I will pay a little more attention to size and cost.

They must be behind. Ordered reg #'s 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Was told they had to order my green which just came in. I am in NC and #'s are supposed to be 3". Don't remember any size options when I ordered. Hope that's what they are

I ordered 2 custom decals from them about 2 weeks ago. They missed their target ship date by like 2 days, but since I wasnt in a hurry, it didnt really matter to me. I will check the size of them though. And like others have said, they were super busy. Overall I would say I had a good experience and will order my reg numbers from them soon.

Like others recently I too recently ordered and it took them about 2.5 weeks to get here and they missed their ship date by a few days. They seem to be swamped right now. They did expedite my shipping without me asking and offered a free set of undomed numbers for something like a jet ski or car if I desired. The numbers look great though and they were very quick to respond to any questions I had.

Seems like everyone is getting geared up for full on lake season.

Well,

One of the really good things about this community is that the vendors we all do business with realize the power of this forum, and the last thing they want to do is have the Crew all PO'd at them..easy way to lose business.

The cool thing, is that it also works the other way. Say good things about a vendor (WakeMakers comes to mind) and next thing you know lots of us are buying from them.

I will be using Domed3d again soo...(I hope...man hurry up boat) I am very glad they are doing the right thing for you!

Alright, great news everyone! Domednumbers came back to me in email today and apologized for the screw up in size. Offered to remake them for no additional charge, and if the other ones fit, they would make some registration decals for free. Glad they want to make it right. Can now give a solid recommendation for using them as well.

FEEL THE PURE UNADULTERATED POWER OF THE CREW!!!!!

That's why I stay up at night worrying about the towels and pray it goes smoothly.

• Like 1

FEEL THE PURE UNADULTERATED POWER OF THE CREW!!!!!

That's why I stay up at night worrying about the towels and pray it goes smoothly.

And all this time I thought you have been using mine......or maybe sold to Vettesetter...... :rofl: