Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malivue

Sp8102

I have decided to buy a new Malibu VLX next summer and was trying to get some information about the Malivue system. I like the new Malibu's but I'm not so sure about how the digital Malivue System would hold up. I know they had problems when they first came out in 2008-2009. I was trying to see how they are now. I know the oldest system would only be about 5-6 years old but do they hold up pretty good over time or does they system have issues?

I would be keeping the boat under a cover but in a boat lift over the lake.

I would appreciate any information I could get.

Thanks

They fixed a lot of the issues, and they work pretty well now. The only downside to it is if you get the RF remote it seems a little finicky, and having to do the media through the malivue if the RF remote dies is terrible.

Unlike Supra, Tige or MC there are no redundancy switches to override malivue. I've had a few issues on water but they were fixed by a power down.

They fixed a lot of the issues, and they work pretty well now. The only downside to it is if you get the RF remote it seems a little finicky, and having to do the media through the malivue if the RF remote dies is terrible.

Unlike Supra, Tige or MC there are no redundancy switches to override malivue. I've had a few issues on water but they were fixed by a power down.

What is RF remote?

If you prefer analog guages I'd check out an Axis T22.

Yeah I am thinking about looking at the Axis T22. Is the boat pretty much the same as a Malibu just without all the bells and whistles?... I know Axis is also built by Malibu

Sp8102- axis is pretty much a Honda and malibu is T&G Acura or similar comparison. However, there are a few things you cannot get on Axis even it you wanted and they changed a few things to get it to the lower price point such as the partial windshield and a different tower. Axis has surf gate as if this year and this year is also the first for the T22 which is Axis' traditional bow(not pickle forked) option. I believe the malibu would have more standard ballast and more PNP options. The T22 is also 22' so you get an extra foot over the VLX. You can get a maxed out T22 for about $67-72K depending on your dealer and area of the country.

Thanks

Jdubb