Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Not able to break 30 mph

There is no inline filter on these boats from at least 07 on. My filter is a WIX 33048 and fits under the orange hose in this picture. It looks a little different than Cervelo's picture.

fuelpump2.jpg

I may have sock filter on the bottom of the pump, but I didn't remove that entire thing.

BPMBUD look at you're fuel tank to see which one you have, You probably have the sock filter since it looks like they changed them in 08.

Edited by calilsv

Has anyone who changed theirs ever taken pictures ? My boat has a 2007 340 moonsoon and I would love how to change the filter myself. I was told if you got bad gas or water in your fuel it could ruin your day. I have also heard horror stories about fuel leaks. It makes me a little hesitant to attempt it myself.

You can tell my inexperience, but from looking at the pics it looks like you used a nut driver to pull all 12 of those bolts. Is there an easier way?

Edited by Dodger40

If you have an 07 it should be like the picture above; mine is an 07 with monson and it looks just like that picture. You don't need to remove all the screws, you just need a snap ring plier to remove the small cap that the orange fuel line attaches to. Once you remove the snap ring wiggle orange fuel line a little and lift the whole thing out, you will then be staring at the fuel filter I referenced above. If you have the filter is really is a 5 min or less job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was having engine sputter and then eng fault code at 3K RPM then going into limp mode at 2500 rpm max. I changed my 07 VLX fuel filter with this yesterday. Cold and raining in Massachusetts so I will have to post results when the sun makes an appearance. I did have to remove the two screws hold the floor panel and lift the panel a bit to get the clip ring back on. 10 minute job at best.

f5f76f514ff24dd4b0331d0135e8aa28_zpscc14

I honestly didn't get a chance to change this yet and realized last time I was out that I was now able to get about 33-34 with about 12 people on board. Don't know what caused it or fixed it =/

I didn't get onto this thread when it started but my first response on page one would have been: Have you tried removing the boat from the trailer? Should be able to get above 30 m.p.h. then. It'll turn faster too.

Edited by Baddog