Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ exposed seat bases?

PSchenk

As you all know, the MXZ seat bases are the exposed gel coat instead of carpet. We just got our boat and already have a few small scratches on the inside from activity in the boat. Has anyone with an MXZ installed any material to cover the majority if the seat bases? I'm thinking about getting some rectangular SeaDek sections that match the platform to slap on there. That way there will be something to protect the majority of the exposed glass. Thoughts?

wouldnt reccomend that... kinda overkill and over everything. Do you have white gel there?

wipe it down well with your spot remover, Hot Sauce etc etc....if you have marks on there gently use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser....gently... its slightly abrasive, light rub

use a mild abrasive polish and buff out any permanent gel scratches with a buffer in the spring and perhaps mid-summer..... enjoy your boat

it's actually a charcoal floor. We will just have to get used to being more cautious in there. We had the carpeted bases before.

Another solution would be to install clear bra over these areas. A 12x60 sheet is $38 on Amazon. I had this installed on the transom to protect against boards hitting the back while putting them on. I didn't think about the inside...may have to do that next....

To the lake, go we must.

Another solution would be to install clear bra over these areas. A 12x60 sheet is $38 on Amazon. I had this installed on the transom to protect against boards hitting the back while putting them on. I didn't think about the inside...may have to do that next....

To the lake, go we must.

What is the installation difficulty level?

Edited by saidainc

I don't think it would be hard on a flat surface. I paid to have my transom and swim step covered. Too many things to cut around and odd shapes for me to try. I will try the inside referenced here. I don't think it would be that bad.

To the lake, go we must.

Edited by DarkSide