Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New To Me 2006 23 LSV

kdspindl

Well, I recently purchased her. 200 hours. I am pumped for summer! My kids are growing and we are all excited for some more room and a bigger wake. I am a huge believer in Malibu. If anyone has any tips for this year/model, please let me know. I am new to this site, but I have been reading and learning a lot. You guys are a great resource. thanks! :)

• Like 1

Beautiful boat! I picked up an 06 last year.

Hmm tips... Get a couple extra ballast pumps they do and will fail

Wake is a straight wall with the wakemakers 750 kit. The stock prop sucks and the next step up is the acme 1234.

Strip the graphics i did it on mine and made it look like awhile new boat.

Kd nice looking boat. Where are you in AZ? We are typically in canyon Sunday afternoons, and Friday nights. Saguaro on Wednesday afternoons....

To the lake, go we must.

Nice ride you are going to have a great time getting to know your ride. Be assured that the crew can spend a lot of your money getting her going. ENJOY.

CB

Check the hardware on your wedge, specifically the screws holding the wedge plate (either six or only four). On a '06, it might be worthwhile to replace these if you're still running the original Allen-head ones, especially if yours has only four. The original hardware can fail.

McMaster carries a quality replacement: 316 SS flathead Phillips machine screws 5/16 in. - 18, 1 inch (about $8 for a 10-pack).

Welcome to the crew... You will love the 06 ;) i know i do. Where do you ride at??? I know a few of us here on the crew try to meet up ever so often and say hello to each other.

That last picture looks like the road up the mountain at saguaro. i also try and get out to sag at least 2-3 times a week. Its by far the best time.On the water at 530 and surf till 8 or so. Post up when your gonna be headed out and we could meet up. Ill go on the weekends normally sunday moring about 6am.

Steve in the airpark is a malibu expert if you need repairs or have questions.

Steve is the man. He repaired mine when i hit a rock. Fixed it up better then new. Picked it up at my house and delivered it when he was done.

Beautiful boat and welcome to the crew! I'm normally at Saguaro, so if you see the red beast, stop by and say hello. I should be out there in the next two weeks.

Keith

Thanks for the ideas on the extra ballast pumps and the wedge, I will check on those. I was fortunate to already have the upgraded prop.

Yes, Steve rocks, he took care of my last boat since '06, he fought insurance for me without me even asking, he made small upgrades that sometimes he even refused to let me pay for, etc. I am sticking with him and he is hooking me up with some ballast right now.

Yes, the pictures are at top of Saguaro. I live in Chandler, tend to go to Saguaro in the offseason and head to Roosevelt more in the summer when it gets busy. From the comments above, I think I go less often than many of you so I am jealous. Just with work and kids' sports, I feel lucky if I get out once every couple weeks. I need to work on that.

I will be on the lookout for your boats above, and I'll post sometime if we are going out as suggested. If you ever get together please let me know.

Thanks!