Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unwrapped her today!

Ryannewcomb30

Easier to just use a third party hosting site and copy and past the direct IMG links. Photobucket, flicker, exct.

I don't wanna blow your hi, but the dash looks atrocious. The seams all crooked and bubbled up. I would be PISSED if that was my new 100k dollar boat.

I really just noticed that since you pointed it out. Have you guys ever seen that before? That does look pretty horrible. Didn't have time to comb over like I would have liked to.

That dash does look a little off.

Mine had one bubble on the left side of the glove box. I didn't say anything because it wasn't too bad and its been enough hassle with my boat so far, but if it gets worse I'll turn it in for warranty.

Your dash in the picture does look like a Friday afternoon one, but it could just be the picture too.

I would definitely have the dealer look at that dash. It looks bad from the pic. I don't want to bum you out either ...congrats on the new boat. I think there are always these things that have to be dealt with. When I went to see mine the dealer was like "So what do you think?" I said I think they forgot my chrome rub rail ! Lol

From my experiences with almost all my boats, it usually takes about 200 hrs before the boat is completely dialed in and rock solid. Every new boat I have bought has had growing pains throughout the first two seasons.

I usually get them all worked out and then get a wild hair and sell it ...... Stupid, I know. But I don't understand why 300-400 hrs begins to scare the used buyers knowing what I know.

• Like 2

My dash doesn't look half as bad as yours, and my dealer noticed it before I came down for delivery. I have a new one on the way (under warranty).

I've had my boat for three days, and I have a punch list going...

I'm wondering if the dashes are QC issues. The 23LSV my dealer had at the boatshow had a dash similar to yours. I mentioned it and he said it would be repaired before being sold. Why not just fix that at the factory prior to shipping?

Your boat looks awesome though and I'm sure that's just a small bump in the rd.

Well that's not reassuring. These new boats scare me a bit with the various issues that come up in the beginning.

I am loving it but your a tease

First a photo of trailer

Now half a photo of boat

The suspense is killing me !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You always have a punch list when you buy a boat and something goes wrong. it usually goes something like... service guy, salesman, dealer, manufacturer...

My dash doesn't look half as bad as yours, and my dealer noticed it before I came down for delivery. I have a new one on the way (under warranty).

Now I have to get home and look at my dash. I didn't notice anything wrong with it this weekend but didn't really look it over close either. I did notice a bubble in my platform pad.It's about the size of a silver dollar.

ahopkins22LSV

Boat looks great! I really like the simple color scheme.

Everyone has a laundry list after taking a new boat home, I wouldn't worry about it, I have on both new boats we have had. I encourage new owners to create one and suggest having it all taken care up at the 20 hour oil change. I completely agree with what Bobby said, it takes a while to completely dial in a boat.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

That dash does look bad. How could Malibu let that out the door. I thought they had a quality control group that checks all that stuff. Is it possible it was perfect when it left and maybe during the trip to the dealer all the bubbles started coming up?

I talked to the dealer today. He said he would let it sit in the sun some for awhile to see if they worked out? As crazy as it sounds I think he could be right. I mean surely malbu isnt letting these things go out the door knowing those dashes will stay looking like that. I'm going to point it out during delivery but will more than likely see if it works itself out. It will be going back after the break in and I'm sure I'll find some other issues. I would rather take in a list and have it all done at one time. My question is will the warranty cover something like that? I can see them saying there is nothing wrong with it or something. I have faith in my dealer and I'm sure if I end up not happy with it they will make it right.

Edited by Ryannewcomb30

Yes, warranty will cover it. I can't think that "time" would have made it bubble up and get all jenky crooked at the seams. This is where QC needs to step in and say " we have a problem here" change glue compounds or application technique.

For reference the dash on the one I got to demo last year was all crooked and jenky too. That's almost a year to figure it out................